March 24, 2010

Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Granola Bars

Why did I never think of this? Homemade, no bake, simple, delicious bars. I spend $1.08 for each Larabar I eat. I'd eat 2 a day, every day, if I could! Why did I never think to try and make my own wonderous bars?! Ah, well, thanks to "Love Veggies and Yoga" - I gave it a try!! It was so so so so simple!



Just oats, almond butter, agave, cinnamon, raisins, 1 banana, cinnamon, vanilla... honestly, the possibilities are endless! Mix everything together, push into a tupper/glass baking dish, and freeze! Only 1.5 cups of oats made 10 decent sized bars, individually wrapped and kept in the freezer until ready to munch on.



Ah, joy. I'll miss Lara, but I can definitely make my own date/nut bars any day now! So. that was the highlight of my night last night, and the highlight of my day today, as well. Here's the rundown!

Bfast:

oats, milk, h20, cinnamon, blueburries, raw almonds, nanner, raisins. I swear this never stops tasting amazing, although I'm sure it isn't very exciting since I have it like 4 days a week. But it's so... so... so... good!

mid-mornin' snack:

Apple, kiwi, oats w/h2o, cinnamon, frozen blueburries.

lunchin:

almond buttah + organic strawburry jam on whole wheat bread

early afternoon munchin:

yay for squished, warm, homemade granola bars :) It was delightful. But I'm gonna keep it in the freezer 'till I'm ready to devour it next time. It got kinda bendy... soggy? I don't know. BUT STILL SO GOOD!

workout: rest day! walked 1 mile to the breaks shop to pick up my car. It was so beautiful and sunny today, I couldn't just ask for a ride! I had to walk! It was swell.

dinnah:

leftover eggplant lasagna with a nice plate of mixed greens & purples, red wine vinegar, olive oil, parmesan, and toasted bread (burnt - yes!) with italian seasoning, ripped into "hey I'm a crouton" sized pieces.



"iwantmorenow":

nanner & kashi golean crunch (sugar high, por favor!)

dessert:

low-fat plain yogurt, 1 apple, oats, raw almonds, muesli-ness :)

I think I hold a record for being the blogger caught eating the most calories known to man in one day. I can't help it! Them oats are amazing, and everything else just goes so nicely with it. Can you say omega-3 fatty acids overdose? antioxidants high? raw oats attack? Gosh. Guilt: none.

Nighttime.

No comments:

Post a Comment