March 31, 2010

Anti-Soy-Sauce Stir Fry

I love the internet. I ran out of yeast the other night, did not want to go buy some, so I googled "yeast substitute" and BAM! Baking soda + lemon. Then, yesterday I realized I had no more soy sauce (low-sodium, if that counts). So I typed "soy sauce substitute" in Mr. Google and sweet action! I gots meself a great new mix of herbs and vinegars to replace Mr. Soy Sauce. & guess what? The stir fry was the tastiest I have ever made! Ah, joy.

Bfast:

oats, milk, water, cinnamon, blueburries, raw almonds, 1 banananana

Snack:

1 apple, an amazing and double-baked handful of seasoned garbanzos, and a baby mixture of fruits

Lunch:

almond buttah, organic jam, whole wheat bread, baby carrots, tiny serving of grapes and 1 mandarin orange.

Pre-Workout yums:

homemade granola bar & 2nd nanner of the day

Workout: 5 miles - 48:03 // 25 minutes weights, abs, stretching.

My attempt at taking a picture as soon as I finished: failed. But check out that calorie burn!! Cant I eat 5 pounds of oats now? Ah, 5 miles: I DID IT! First time doing 5 miles on the treadmill, and I felt amazing amazing amazing. Since it was my 3rd running day in a row (I usually rest Wednesdays but my work schedule was changed so I had to switch things around) I felt pretty tired when I first got on the treadmill, but eventually my legs stopped complaining and I felt like superman. Sweet.

Dinner:

Amazing no-soy-sauce stir fry! With a side of more broccoli, of course! The stir fry consisted of: 2 chicken breasts, diced into baby-sized pieces and browned to perfection, with a huge load of broccoli and red bell pepper (I was almost out, so I just diced up a few slices), and the famous Anti-soy-sauce: red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic flakes, salt, pepper, and then more red pepper flakes! So delicious! So much flavor, I loved it and so did the hubby, which made me giddy. Aww... happy husbands are great.

Sweet:

1/2 dark chocolate square 85% man! & some raw almonds. Running 5 miles makes one hungry. Much so, much so.

Nighttime oats:

raw oats, raw muesli, cinnamon, raw almonds, 3rd banana of the day (oh gosh - they just be so good).

So, um..
IT'S ALMOST FRIIIDAAAYYYY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great day of eats. Love the looks of your fresh fruit bowl- mmm such an awesome snack. The internet does rock. I think I wouldn't know what to make for dinner 1/2 the time without it. Have a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on hitting the 5 mile mark on the treadmill! That's awesome - and one pile of calories burned off!

    I love the soya substitute. I'm definitely going to have to give it a try sometime. Sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete