March 13, 2010

Egg-licious Saturday

Happy Saturday! For real! Saturdays are wonderful. We woke up fairly early (8am for me, 'round 9am for Eduardo) and I decided to take the day off from running, get some yoga in, and prepare my legs for tomorrow's St. Patties Day 6k in Seattle. *nervous!* I run 6K or more throughout the week, but something about Seattle and thousands of people that throws off my game. Intimidation: hills! I never train on hills, or walk up hills, or get near hills. Seattle loves hills. Nicole doesn't...

Morning fuel:


Anyway, after my 35 mins of yoga with Denise Austin's DVD I waited for Eduardo to arrive from his 12K run and then cooked us up some delicious eggs!!



Ingredients:
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 5 egg whites
  • 1 serrano chile
  • 3 pieces ham
  • 1/2 cup green bell pepper
  • olive oil
  • tortiiiilllaaaasss
First I warm up a pan and add the olive oil, bell pepper, serrano chile and ham. I let them all get nice and warm, soft, ham gets browned edges. Then I whisk up the eggs until fluffy-like and add to the pan (then I turn the heat down) I let the egg sit, make little holes in it so the uncooked stuff gets the heat, and wait 'till it's flippable. So I end up with 2 mini, kinda messy looking, but delicious omelettes. Eduardo likes a little salt with his eggs, so I try and add that to his if I remember. We serve 'em with tomato & an avocado. So good!! Eduardo brought corn tortillas into my life so we make little egg tacos on Saturdays.

First Saturday morning stop: last minute registration for St Patrick's Day Dash! So we drove down to Greenlake, Seattle and registered. Yay for a cool shirt that doesn't fit me! Just picking up my bib number got me all nervous like... ahh... so... nervous.


Then we went grocery shopping and such. While waiting in line at a store, we realized we were starving and were going to grab a banana but decided on splitting a Clif bar. I'm not a huge fan, 'cause the first ingredient is sugar, but we needed some energy, and it sure hit the spot! Then when we got home I cut up an apple with cinnamon... holding me tummy over 'till dinner!!


I love me some apple slices anyday. Now, preparing myself for an hour less of sleep tonight and a hardcore run tomorrow morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment