March 13, 2010

How We Do Pizza

Pizza: wholesome, filling, delicious, and limitless. There are no limits to pizza, you can top them with pretty much anything and I love that freedom! Here's our every-other-Saturday dinner, prepared to perfection, if I do say so meself.

Ingredients for dough:
  • 2.5 c whole wheat flour
  • 1 c hot water
  • 1 serving yeast
  • dash o' salt
  • dash o' oil
Directions:
  • Add water to yeast and let sit for at least 5 mins (10 is bettah)
  • Add salt, oil and mix on low speed for 20 seconds
  • Slowly add half the flour and mix on med. speed for 1 minute
  • Add remaining flour and mix on med speed, then move up to high speed
  • Let the machine go wild until dough is formed nicely.
  • If the dough isn't sticking well, add a little more hot water
  • If dough is too sticky, add flour.
  • With a little flour on your hands, grab the ball of dough and place on well sprayed pizza pan, start to push the dough down and out until dough preferred dough thickness/thinness is acquired (I flatten mine to the point where if I push it out again, it will rip, 'cause it gets super crunchy that way and thin is so delicious! less crust: more yummy toppings, and more room in your tummy for another slice!)
Lovely toppings:
  • Eating Right Tomato Basil tomato sauce (we use 'bout 1/2 the jar)
  • 3/4 c. Lucerne low-moisture, part skim mozzarella cheese
  • 4 Jennie-O turkey dogs (teehee, my mom raised us eating our hotdog pizza!)
  • Bell pepper: we got green 'cause it's the cheapest, but red looks prettier on a pizza. I usually dice up about 1/2 of one, but today we realized the pizza could use a whole one.
  • A nice size of canned pineapple (without the juice)
  • 2 Serrano chilis (a spicy pizza is a delicious pizza)
  • Diced turkey or ham (cause we're crazy like that!)


I love this sauce (we used to always buy Prego Traditional) 'cause there are huge chunks of tomatoes in it, and the salt and sugar are a lot lower than the Prego sauce. It's a good buy, a good flavor, and so far our fav.




Pro at stealing pineapple:

Whenever I wait for the pizza to cool, I can't help but pick little doggies and pineapple slices off of it.... check out my St Patties shirt! I'm probably not going to run with it, so I felt like I had to wear it for luck er something.


I ate this + 1 + 1/2..... aww shucks! I eat a lot? It doesn't really fill like your average pizza, since the crust is almost paper thin. And the toppings aren't heavy. So, you can eat 3 slices of Nicole & Edu's famous Hawaiian twist pizza, and you don't have to feel guilty about it!

My attempt at "pizza portion control"
I cooked him up some brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt, pepper, which he recently fell in love with. And for me, a nice little salad.

So, we ate the veggies all up, but when pizza came around (we usually have 4 and 4 to finish it off) I told myself I'd just eat 2. After the second piece, I said just 1 more. Then Eduardo decided that, instead of having 5 slices, he'd give me half of the last one, leaving the final tally at: Nicole 3 1/2 slices and Eduardo 4 1/2. & I feel good. Almost too full, but not too full. I'm really thirsty, though.

Time to turn the clocks forward! Lame. So it's really 9pm, not 8pm. We're going to watch Up in the Air, sleep, and wake up early early early to beat Seattle traffic and make it on time for my first official 6k race!! Stoked!!

Nighty.

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try the pineapple/ham combination on pizza, but yours looks so good. I love really thin pizza crust too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The ham actually is slightly flavor-less, since all the other ingredients are strong and mighty and tastier than it. But the texture is yummy.

    ReplyDelete