March 30, 2010

Whole Wheat Almond Raisin Bread: yum.

As, promised, the recipe to this absolutely delicious bread I made last night. The recipe yields 3-4 loafs, so I divided each ingredient by 3.5 to create one itty-bitty yummy loaf. Mine contains: whole wheat flour, raisins, raw almonds (diced into tiny pieces) & agave. I'm thinking for next time I'll add a nice load of cinnamon. Ah, but it turned out so wonderfully tasting! Made me happy. & the hubby was pretty stinkin' happy, too.

And, today was nice:

Breakfast:

oats, milk, h20, cinnamon, frozen blueberries all warmed up, raw almonds, & nanner

Snack:

reunion with mid-morning oats: perfect! Raw oats, cinnamon, raisins, apple, kiwi.

Lunch:

Huge sammich: whole wheat bread, 2 slices turkey, red bell pepper, mustard, cucumber, handful of greens, alfalfalfafa sprouts!


then some of them garbanzos from yesterday, a wittle squishy, but tasty.

Grub:

homemade granola bar. yums.

Workout:
5 miles on track - 52:00
6 laps - normal pace
6 laps - 1/2 sprint 1/2 normal pace each lap
8 laps - normal/fast pace
tired? yes. but it feels so good!


Post-run:

1 of these guys!

Dinner:

mondo salad (red wine vinegar, olive oil, Parmesan, mixed greens, 1/2 piece whole wheat bread, toasted, seasoned with italian seasoning, and torn into pieces!) & whole wheat pasta with a huge load of peas, pasta sauce, Parmesan. I'm a Parmesan fool!

Munchies:

I re-coated 1/2 the garbanzos with chili pepper, and the other 1/2 with paprika, then re-toasted them 'till they were 5 seconds from burning, and I munched on 'em while dinner cooked. Bad idea, I know, but they were so nice and crazy crunchy!

Dessert?

1/2 a piece of 85% dark Godiva and some raw almonds!!

Biggest Loser tonight! Happy face.

PS:
Galaxy Granola Giveaway!
I vote you visit this gal's awesome blog to get in on the action!!

No comments:

Post a Comment