April 28, 2010

First Time: Green Monster

I want to drink/slurp/inhale Green Monsters for the rest of my life.

I wish I could be seriously on a Green-Monster-Only diet and no one would judge me. I am in love with these things, and I have only had 1 in my entire lifetime.


Life before Green Monster:

great oats: oats, nonfatmilkz, cinnamon, h20, brown sugar, banana, strawberries, blueberries, almonds, flaxseed meal.

Snack:

I ate 2 of these. I am a beast.

Lunch:

almond butter + organic strawberry jam inside honey whole wheat bread from Costco land. & adoring fruits + veggies.

Check out my skills!

Hollow carrot skills, that is.

Snack:

slice o' homemade honey oatmeal bread + bananananana

Green Monster: Ice cream

1 cup soy milk, 2 handfuls spinach, 1 frozen banana, 3 frozen strawberries, handful frozen blueberries. That's the equation for green love.

No one really told me how good this would be.

I swear to you, and you, and you. This was ice cream. It tasted, smelled, and felt like ice cream. I burped afterwards and it was an ice cream burp. I savored every gulp. I used a spoon at times. I smelled its ice cream-ness. I asked myself why it was green ice cream, how it could possibly be ice cream made with spinach. I felt like a kid. I felt like I was eating a huge load of ice cream. I want to eat one of these for the rest of my life. Exaggerating? Me? Over these green things? No way!

Dinner:

tuna packed with celery, green bell, mustard, tad bit o' mayo + mass load of spinach atop hardcore toasted corn tortillas.

Oats:

1 part raw oats, 1 part muesli, 1 part Kashi Golean (ie: organic brown rice syrup-loaded cereal that makes me feel like I'm eating Trix or Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!), almonds, soy milk.


Off to dream of Green Monsters...

Thank you, blog land, for introducing me to those lovely creations. I want to give one to every person I meet. "Drink these, tell me this isn't green ice cream!"

2 comments:

  1. LMAO! I knew you'd love the green monsters too! Isn't it hard to believe that something can taste THAT good and look that bad at the same time :)

    I'm going to have to try the way you made yours.. sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green Monsters are seriously one of my favorite things ever! Yours looks so thick and delicious! yuuuuuum!

    ReplyDelete