April 23, 2010

Greatest Lasagna I've Ever Met


Happy Birthday mami!
I love you 5,000 times!

So, I thought my eggplant lasagna was pretty grand [recipe], but this one pretty much wins 'em all. Edu kindly asked that I skip eggplant (I dice it too thick for his liking and we end up with half an eggplant that I always fail at using up before it goes bad) and I decided to skip making any sort of "cheese paste" (which replaced the ricotta) and simply sprinkled mozzarella + parmesan between layers of lasagna goodness.
floating lasagna!!

that greenery is dried chives :)

Breakfast:
1/2 cup raw oats, 1/4 cup muesli, cinnamon, 1 banana, raisins, almonds

Mid-mornin' snackage:
apple + raw baby carrots

Lunch: was eaten while I walked to starbucks :) Almond butter + jam sammich, grapes, carrots, 1 mandarin orange.

Mid afternoon goods:
2nd to last slice of homemade almond raisin bread! + a cute little orange thing.

Workout: 6K run/walk on track with my sister! + 15 mins abs. It was a grand day for a run: slightly cold, yet not too cold, a nice breeze, comfy-looking sky, seagulls (random? yes.) and my sister! I love having these moments where we can just chat about life and catch up.

Magazine moves:


Lasagna delight:
to control my lasagna intake, I made a huge salad with spinach, red wine vinegar, olive oil, too much parmesan (forget to pay attention, much?) celery - love that crunch! - and homemade croutons (hidden!)

Ingredients:
  • whole wheat lasagna noodles
  • half a jar of pasta sauce
  • half pound ground turkey breast, cooked and seasoned
  • 3 whole tomatoes (made into extra pasta sauce)
  • dried parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, garlic, onion, lovely herbs + spices
  • half cup diced green pepper (adds CRAZY amazing flavor to this dish!)
  • 1 cup raw spinach, cut into thin strips (as to avoid bringing up my hubby's past experiences with them cooked spinach leaves. Not a fan is he, and I did not want to go and ruin a great lasagna!)
  • Parmesan + 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
Pretty basic steps! layer, layer, layer. It tasted absolutely divine. I wonder how many times I can use the words "absolutely" and "divine" in this blog before I make the words lose their meaning? :)

Friday night tradition!

1 apple, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 3/4 cup plain low fat yogurt, cinnamon, raisins, almonds, mix together and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Paired with the very last slice of homemade bread.

I love frozen blueberries. It's like we have a secret stash of blueberry icre cream hidden in our freezer, ready to be added to pretty much anything.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The lasagna looks out of this world good! Nice job. And i Love your Friday night tradition- ther eis nothing like homemade bread. Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that lasagna looks AMAZING!! i want some italian food now!

    ReplyDelete