April 26, 2010

Honey Oatmeal Bread


I. Love. Making. Bread. a lot.

Honey [agave!] Oatmeal [whole wheat!] Bread [recipe here]

The only changes I made to the recipe were: whole wheat flour instead of "bread flour", agave instead of honey (cousins?) and I just used 1 teaspoon of butter instead of 1 tablespoon. I cut the recipe in half to make one, good sized loaf for the hubby & I.

We're going through a loaf a week of these homemade loaves I've been making (plus 3/4 a honey whole wheat loaf from Costco, shoot! Enough carbs? Enough honey?!) and we mainly have it as a snack. I love it plain but Edu likes it with a little almond butter/agave. Gosh bread! Why you gotta be so good? Why can't I just sit down on the couch and eat the whole loaf? Tell me why!!

Anywho, backtrack to this mornin'....

Breakfast:

blueberry strawberry banana almond cinnamon non-fat milk oats!

Mid-morning snack:


Lunch:

almond butter + jam sammich, white cucumber (?!) and normal cucumbers, with fruits and carrots

Mid-afternoon snack:

1 slice of heaven + mandarin orange

Workout: 5 miles - 46:42 on the treadmill [pain free! so grand!] + 20 minutes weights

Yum:

1 banana with almond butter, cinnamon, raisins

Free goodies in the mail!

Free sample from Kashi + coupon! Only 'cause I was jealous of all the bloggers with their yogurts dressed in cupcake decor, in such cute, free, packages. So I did a search for "free samples" and thankfully Kashi was there to make my insides giddy. Go to their site to get some?!

& the Shape mag was free 'cause my subscription was over 3 months ago and they keep sending me mags so I'll renew my subscription. But sorry, Shape, I have switched over to Woman's Health mag now. *hides*

Dinner:

balsamic chicken with pears (recipe from a Costco recipe book!) brocc, brown rice (cooked in homemade chicken broth, with rosemary + a dash o' salt), corn

Balsamic Chicken with Pears:
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  • Dice 1-2 pears, place in sprayed baking dish, add red onion (all I had was onion flakes)
  • Mix 1 tbsp olive oil, thyme, salt, pepper in small bowl
  • Add 1/2 olive oil mixture atop pears
  • Cover pear dish with foil and bake for 10 mins
  • Place 2 chicken breasts atop cooked pears, add remaining olive oil mixture + splash with balsamic vinegar
  • Bake 20 mins or until chicken is 100% cooked! yum.

Tupperware review:

Review:
1) cute (good)
2) itty-bitty (I like)
3) ice pack = awesome
4) no room for my sandwich's insides on "huge green veggie-like sandwich" day (sad)
5) ice pack = awesome?


So, today everything fit perfectly (except for my apple...) and this is me trying to pack tomorrow's lunch:

I'm going to have to bring a separate tupper for my green bell pepper/spinach, and the mandarin will have to hang out with the apple outside of the tuppers. But overall, I like this little set of Tupperware. I could definitely do a yogurt day in one of those smaller containers, or a wrap in the bigger section, and the sandwich doesn't get squished which is nice.


Go buy one?

Happy Monday night
(that means it's almost Biggest Loser night! Stoked!)

1 comment:

  1. I have too many comments.. so they're going to be random..

    Bread looks super delish! No wonder it doesn't last long!

    Love, love, love the tupperware. Great that it includes the ice pack. Super convenient.

    Great day of eats - everything looks so yummy!

    I noticed the Kashi freebie, but didn't sign up. Guess I'll go there now.

    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete