April 30, 2010

Life is so Good

Ah, healthy lifestyle, if only you made me 100% immune to every bacteria and virus known to man. I currently have pink eye (conjunctivitis! What a silly word!) and a nasty, debilitating, makin-my-Friday-night-painful, migraine. But, life is good, 'cause I'm sittin' on the couch with the hubby, my day was full of wholesome foods, and I got a great workout after a hard 8 hour shift with 14 toddlers (the majority of which decided to scream and cry for most of the day).

oh, life. I love you?

Breakfast:

  • 1/2 cup raw oats
  • 1/4 cup muesli
  • cinnamon
  • banana
  • almonds
  • ground flaxseed meal
  • plain soy milk

Snack:

giant apple + cinnamon, with organic baby carrots


Lunch:

almond butter + organic strawberry jam with fruits + veggies

Snack:

apple #2

Workout: 1.5 mi - track // 5 mi - elliptical + 15 mins weights + abs. Went to the track to run with my sister, but had a change o' plans (it was a good thing, too, 'cause my legs were on fire after those 1 1/2 miles. I blame my 10K PR from yesterday) so I drove back to the apartment and me + the pink eye sweat it out for a good 48 mins 50 secs during the 5 mile elliptical party.

* Once again, left the gym feeling utter bliss. A peace I can't even describe, all from a grand workout (and hearing a yummy dinner calling my name in the near future.) - Thank you Jesus!!

Postworkout Fuel:


Dinner:

I was going to make spaghetti, but by the time it was fully cooked, I shot for tuna casserole (haha - with spaghetti noodles, fo sho!) and since we were out of green veggies, I cooked up 1.5 cups of peas to add to the casserole. (recipe here from Kahakai Kitchen!) & I actually had the carrots and celery to complete the recipe! Such a great addition to the tuna casserole, never would've thought to add 'em and I was glad I did.

Friday night goods:

Hello, my name is Green Monster without the greens! 'cause we have no more :( Check out how thick it came out! Ice cream, I swear it!


topped with muesli, of course.
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
  • 1/4 cup plain soy milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 5 frozen strawberries
  • handful frozen blueberries
  • ground flaxseed
  • dash of raw oats ('cause I can!)
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. I just ate ice cream. How grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment