May 11, 2010

Accident: Mouth-Watering Veggie Burger

I had nothing in my fridge (okay, I had homecooked pinto beans, cooked brocc, cooked brown rice, and mass veggies/fruits), and yet, I made the most homemade amazing veggie burger I've ever had in my entire life (and, well, I've only technically had 2 other ones in my whole life. but still).

Can I please show you dinner first? Thx!

Dinner!!!

Burger insides:
  • 3/4 cup cooked pinto beans (give or take!)
  • handful cooked broccoli, cut into little pieces
  • handful of cooked brown rice (yes, I did use a handful)
  • 1 green onion, diced
  • dash of dry garlic (hubby can't stand me if I eat the fresh stuff!)
Do this:
  1. Place all ingredients in a bowl, mash with fork 'till "burger-like"
  2. Shape patty + place in pan w/dash of olive oil, cover + brown
  3. Then flip + brown some more (couple mins each side on med/med-high)
  4. Eat Eat Eat!
I also grabbed half a whole wheat bun and toasted it. Then mashed half an avocado for that creamy-ness and topped that with a handful of spinach, half a tomato, and some mustard on the side. Love me some colors on a plate! This veggie thang was heavenly, I promise. I couldn't believe I made it - so simply, so delicious, so could've been store bought, except it kinda fell apart on the bun. still... so, so, so, so good.

Ah, okay, I ate other stuff today, too. I had completely forgotten. My mouth is still watering from that burger.

Breakfast:

not-so-fancy picture of me soy milk oats with blueberries, raisins, 1 banana, raw almonds

Snack:

funny looky, but tasty carrots them were!

Lunch:

sammich: whole wheat bread, mustard, 1 slice turkey, red bell pepper, huge handful spinach (over do it, much?) and some cucumbas! Sides: delish. Eat them while looking at photo.

Snack:

homemade no bake granola bar! (recipe)

Workout: 6 mi - 1:03:44 + 15 mins weights/abs ~ Dang you, hour, I feel like I will never beat you!! My hubby had me do something loco at the beautiful track today:

  • 8 laps calm
  • 1 lap sprint, 1 lap calm (x5)
  • 5 laps cool down (jog)
  • 23 laps total

too hard, man! My first 8 laps were definitely slow, like, slower than 10 min miles :( And when I started "sprinting" (running kinda fast, in my case) I felt great so I thought I'd be able to kick up my time. But nope, running a whole lap ad hardcore speed made the following "calm" lap really slow. That 5 times = not a great time. But it felt super nice so that's all that matters, right? I don't have to beat myself up for not breaking an hour, no? I'm normal. I'm normal. I will be fast a different day. Optimism?!

Hooray! Sun = Nicole suddenly has 8 million face freckles! I accept.

Feed me:

slice of my homemade applesauce bread (recipe!) + nanner with cinnamon

Dinner: well... you saw it.

It was so stinking fabulous! I'm going to make them for the rest of my life?

Adios! Biggest Loser, you better be sweet like always.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh I still haven't tried my hand at homemade veggie burgers but plan to VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww,thanks for the linkback :)

    hope you enjoyed the bar and your day looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete