May 16, 2010

Crunchiest Pizza Ever

Yesterday was le miserable. Hubby's on call, and got hit with hour-long phone calls at all the wrong times, and we ate at really strange times, made our bodies suffer all morning, and didn't get to spend the early evening together. So today: was super fun make-up-for-rough-Saturday day! Or... our real Saturday, for short.

Bomb Pizza day:

Homemade whole wheat pizza crust + I added:
  • a handful of spinach, cut up into little basil-looking strips
  • half a green bell pepper, 2 asparagus spears (for my slices)
  • 1/2 pound ground turkey breast seasoned with italian seasoning
  • liiike half a medium pineapple
  • 1 serrano chilipepper
  • 2 slices deli turkey (teehee)
  • organic mozzarella + pasta sauce from Trader Joes
Pizza, you, were, absolutely, perfect. I cooked this bad boy on 400* for 30 mins, then turned off the oven + let the crust get hard-core crunchy 'till the hubby finished yet another phone call. It was so stinkin crunchy it killed meh. But in such a good, great, tasty way.

Oh yeah, we ate other great stuff, too:

Breakfast:

  • 1/2 cup raw oats
  • 1/4 cup muesli
  • cinnamon
  • flaxseed meal
  • 1 banana
  • raw almonds
  • frozen berries (incredible cold/hot cereal addition I tell you, do it!)
Pre-cooked oats:

We bought Rice Milk! Hello friend! Tasted good, like rice, only milky. & although it has more sugar than Plain Soy Milk, it's natural sugar - the soy fellow had organic cane juice er somethin' as the second ingredient. Silly soy.

After-Church snack:

hubby + I split a huge organic apple, and an almond butter sammich with cinnamon, raisins, and some agave. Filled us up just enough to kinda hold out 'till pizza time.

Pizza friend:

I read in Runner's World mag (or Women's Health...) that when you buy ground turkey, always make sure it says "ground turkey breast" and not just "ground turkey" 'cause they might have skin + other parts of the bird included making it not so awesome. Interesting!

Dinner:

big spinach salad to help me not eat a huge load of pizza. [organic baby spinach, red wine vinegar, olive oil, parm, celery]


It was so yummy. I ate these guys then 1 more slice. Full much? But since we ate around 4, I'm pretty excited for some nighttime dessert. Frozen yogurt? Oats? Dairy Queen? syke.

Hopefully I'll jump back on here for tonights dessert pic. I'm now off to enjoy the rest of this beautiful sunny Sunday with the love of me life. And I'm printing out like 9 million recipes from 101cookbooks.com (best recipes known to man) to add to our dinner menu for May (and June, and July, and the rest of our lives). We seem to be needin' more variety, yo!

:)

1 comment:

  1. I looove 101 cookbooks too! And that pizza looks INCREDIBLE. PS: check out localharvest.org and you can search by zipcode for farmer's markets. I'd be surprised if there wasn't one somewhere near you!

    ReplyDelete