May 6, 2010

First Sunny Day in Seattle!

Seriously though, we've been going through a 2nd winter up here and it's been so sad! I wear a huge snowman-like coat to work at 6am, and I have had to live in the gym the past 2 weeks - I want fresh air! But the fresh air has been freezing and wet...

But today... it actually felt like Spring! Dare I say... it almost felt like Summer?

I was able to run on the track! Check out that sky, man.

Breakfast:


raw oats + muesli, cinnamon, ground flaxseed meal, raisins, almonds, banana, soy milkz

Snack:


Lunch:

sammich insides: mustard, bell pepper, 1 slice turkey, spinach, cucumber. & I have fallen in love with raw celery - it took me like 4 days to get used to it, the greener it is, the stronger the flavor. But now I'm in love with it! So crunchy and juicy and....love.

Snack:

homemade no-bake granola bar (fantastic recipe)

Workout: 5.25mi - 56:00 @ track I am so thankful that I could actually run today. I've been in pain in the weirdest parts of my legs this entire week, so running was a big deal for me today. I definitely took it slow, very slow, but I enjoyed it so much! After I got home I did about 20 min abs/weights and I felt like superwoman.


Snack:

Honestly, these things are good but they aren't my favorite. How many different sweeteners can they put in one bar? Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Evaporated Cane Juice Crystals, Crystalline Fructose, honey, chocolate liquor... I mean, it's delicious and definitely sweet but I can't down one of these without kinda feeling like I ate a piece of cake. Oh Kashi, I love you, but simplify!!

Dinner!
Lasagna insides:

spinach, celery, serrano chili

Dinner:

I'm sorry if this pic looks gross! It kinda looks like a huge slab of raw meat at first glance!! - creeps me out! I tried making it look so professional, too. Haha, anyway, it was absolutely delicious lasagna atop a bed of spinach and peas.

Immediate Craving:

That plus 8 million red grapes, one mandarin and about 6 small handfuls of raw muesli = almost bed time downfall. I couldn't stop nibbling on every living thing in my kitchen. Shucks man, lame.

PS I just made whole wheat applesauce bread but accidentally added 2 cups of H2o instead of 2 tablespoons. Can you say accidental bread pudding? Why am I so smart?

Friday has arrived!
This is the happiest feeling known to man.
Have a great Friday everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh accidental bread pudding! Where'd you get the recipe??

    I once tried to make fudge with canned pumpkin and brownie mix, and I though it said 2 cans of pumpkin but it said 2 cups... needless to say it did not work and was gross. better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete