May 3, 2010

Homemade Foods = Love

I love baking, cooking, and eating homemade goods. Today I couldn't stop myself, and made homemade granola bars (recipe courtesy Averie of Love Veggies + Yoga), homemade croutons (simplest recipe ever!), and am planning on making some homemade applesauce for baking something sweet!

Breakfast:

soy milk oats with cinnamon, brown sugar, banana, blueberries, strawberries, raw almonds

Snack:

yum.

Lunch:

Almond butter + organic strawberry jam sammich + joyous fruits/veggies

Workout: 10K - 1 hr 31 secs // Sad day in workout land. I walked into the gym hoping to run my first 10K on a treadmill. So I hopped on the machine and put the speed to 6.2 (9.5 min miles approx.), immediately my legs felt tired, which is normal, so I kept pushing. Then dull pains in my thighs crawled down to my shins and transformed into sharp, uncomfortable pains. I was super bummed out but knew I had to listen to my body and get on the elliptical. So I did 2 miles on the treadmill and the rest on the elliptical (4.25mi). Ah, there's always tomorrow!

Post workout fuel:

[Photoshopped!] I wanted to make a Green Monster like this guy... but really...

I made this. Tried for a smaller version of a Green Monster with 1/2 cup soy milk, 1 handful spinach, 1/2 frozen banana and handful of frozen blueberries/strawberries... but it wouldn't blend right or turn green (too many strawberries?) so I added about 1/2 cup more of soy milk and got this. Not the prettiest looking mug o' goodness, but tasty, indeed.

Dinner:

Whole wheat tuna wrap! Tuna contains mustard, mayo, celery, avocado (mashed) and chunks of avocado on the outside. Broccoli + tuna = love.

Score:

We was donated half a loaf of this grand stuff! Not 100% whole wheat, but pretty much 100% tasty. I consumed a slice without anything on it, and it was divine.

Cats are awesome:


My parent's cats are wonderful and orange! I got the joy of hanging out with them a bit today, and by hanging out I mean just feeding them and cleaning out their "boxes" - fun!!

Granola bars:

(recipe here)

They'll live in my freezer overnight + tomorrow I'll cut 'em up into perfect little bars :)

Croutons:

2 slices whole wheat bread, diced into the size of your choice, placed on nicely non-stick sprayed foil, dressed with italian seasoning + baked on 375* for 10-12 mins (check 'em so they don't burn!)

& now, at 8:53pm, I can finally relax.

1 comment:

  1. Love the kitties!

    Your granola bars look delish! I'm going to have to try the recipe you used... maybe I will have success?

    ReplyDelete