May 9, 2010

I love My Mami

Happy Mother's Day, mom!
&
to all the blogging moms out there, hope you had a fabulous day!

Today was very special 'cause my sister & I planned a lovely bbq-like meal for our mami. On the menu for this beautiful Sunday afternoon:
  • Grilled chicken: marinated overnight in oil olive, lime juice, and many spices/herbs
  • Grilled asparagus + bell peppers
  • My hubby's fantastic red spaghetti (spaghetti cooked with onion/garlic, then we add a homemade tomato puree atop it 'till the noodles drink it all up and turn red!)
  • My auntie's fantastic salad: romaine, red wine vinegar, olive oil, parm, my homemade croutons and a dash o' good old bacon bits!
  • Homemade cocoa-granola bars with frozen strawberry yogurt smoothies for dessert!
I was super excited and hoping to bring homemade/unprocessed love to the family today. And the fact that it was so gorgeous outside made everything even better! I love my mom so much and she deserves a day like this every week. Hmmm... new Sunday afternoon tradition? How joyous!

Breakfast:

1/2 cup raw oats, 1/4 cup muesli, cinnamon, raisins, almonds, 1 nanner

Snack:

baby chunk of me accidentally-super-moist homemade applesauce bread (recipe)

Green Monster Lovin':

Blender's friends: 3/4 cup soy milk, 1/4 cup water, 2 huge handfuls spinach, 1 frozen banana, 3 frozen strawberries (gave some to the hubby in his own wittle mug). && Applesauce bread obsession?

I'm so in love with these Spinach-based fellas!

Mom's Day Dinner:

veggies prepared for grilling!

diced whole wheat bread with olive oil spray + italian seasoning ready to be baked on 400 for 15 mins (ish)!

Tomatoes boilin' in a dash of salt for spaghetti

thank you, Costco, for selling huge loads of this stuff!

1 chicken breast, sghetti, grilled veggies (heaven! first time eating grilled asparagus + bells), huge side of my aunt's salad (and a second huge helping, thankyouverymuch!)

Dessert:

low-fat plain yogurt + frozen strawberries + agave smoothie. & homemade cocoa granola bar (recipe based off this girlie!) (I added a tablespoon of cocoa powder to make it more dessert like, and it turned out fantastic! Made 10 perfect sized bars)

Best Part: Everyone liked the homemade, loving, un-processed, wholesome foods! My aunt + I started sharing recipes and food ideas right away, it was grand! I was even asked where I bought the granola bars from! Thank you, Averie!

Time for Kill Bill 2! I hope I can watch it without closing my eyes this time, the first one was a hard one. & since "dessert" was before 5pm, we might have a late night snack during the movie, we'll see!

Happy weekend! I wish I could be more inviting to Mondays. Aw shucks...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Nicole and Eduardo, Thank you so much for a amazing dinner that was so delicious and healthy. Eduardo was wonderful on the grill with the dinner it was cooked to perfection :). It was a perfect Mothers Day with my awesome family.Love you both so much and I am so blessed to have amazing children in my life, Love you both, Mamita

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that you brought the foods you love to your family! Mine are still a bit resistant but I'm working on them!

    ReplyDelete