& to all the blogging moms out there, hope you had a fabulous day!
Today was very special 'cause my sister & I planned a lovely bbq-like meal for our mami. On the menu for this beautiful Sunday afternoon:
- Grilled chicken: marinated overnight in oil olive, lime juice, and many spices/herbs
- Grilled asparagus + bell peppers
- My hubby's fantastic red spaghetti (spaghetti cooked with onion/garlic, then we add a homemade tomato puree atop it 'till the noodles drink it all up and turn red!)
- My auntie's fantastic salad: romaine, red wine vinegar, olive oil, parm, my homemade croutons and a dash o' good old bacon bits!
- Homemade cocoa-granola bars with frozen strawberry yogurt smoothies for dessert!
1/2 cup raw oats, 1/4 cup muesli, cinnamon, raisins, almonds, 1 nanner
baby chunk of me accidentally-super-moist homemade applesauce bread (recipe)
Green Monster Lovin':
Blender's friends: 3/4 cup soy milk, 1/4 cup water, 2 huge handfuls spinach, 1 frozen banana, 3 frozen strawberries (gave some to the hubby in his own wittle mug). && Applesauce bread obsession?
I'm so in love with these Spinach-based fellas!
Mom's Day Dinner:
veggies prepared for grilling!
diced whole wheat bread with olive oil spray + italian seasoning ready to be baked on 400 for 15 mins (ish)!
Tomatoes boilin' in a dash of salt for spaghetti
thank you, Costco, for selling huge loads of this stuff!
1 chicken breast, sghetti, grilled veggies (heaven! first time eating grilled asparagus + bells), huge side of my aunt's salad (and a second huge helping, thankyouverymuch!)
low-fat plain yogurt + frozen strawberries + agave smoothie. & homemade cocoa granola bar (recipe based off this girlie!) (I added a tablespoon of cocoa powder to make it more dessert like, and it turned out fantastic! Made 10 perfect sized bars)
Best Part: Everyone liked the homemade, loving, un-processed, wholesome foods! My aunt + I started sharing recipes and food ideas right away, it was grand! I was even asked where I bought the granola bars from! Thank you, Averie!
Time for Kill Bill 2! I hope I can watch it without closing my eyes this time, the first one was a hard one. & since "dessert" was before 5pm, we might have a late night snack during the movie, we'll see!
Happy weekend! I wish I could be more inviting to Mondays. Aw shucks...