May 13, 2010

I love you, Sunny 10K

I. Love. The. Sun. First day it hit 70 degrees here in wet, cold Seattle land! I ran 6.25 miles under the big Vitamin D machine, and it felt so nice. Today consisted of that great workout, a fantabulous sandwich at lunch, a dinner fail, and a strawberry addiction. Can I blame a strawberry overdose for the headache I am currently fighting? sweet.

Breakfast:

love me some oats, cinnamon, flaxseed meal, almonds, nanner, nonfat milkers

Snack:

Best friends.

Lunch:

Sandwich heaven: 1 slice turkey, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 tomato, bell pepper, spinach, mustard. Oh my goodness good! Best pre-packed sammich I've ever had!

Snack:

no bake granola bar (reciiippeee!)

Workout: 10K (6.25mi) - 58:08 + 15 mins abs/weights

I was sooo happy, 'cause I was shooting for under an hour! My last time was 59:50 so I was nervous, especially since it was stinkin sunny + hot this time, but it was one of the most relaxing runs I've had in a long time. PS: traffic lights = my friends. I love thinking "dang, I have to stop and wait for the light to turn green" but really thinking "yes yes yes I get to stop for a second!" - joyful.

Fuel:

last 1/2 slice of my homemade applesauce bread (recipe-yo-yo), banana, cinnamon, almond buttah (snack bomb! super filling + delightful)

Dinner Fail:

Quinoa, sweet potato, brocc + spices = no thank you. But the salad: bomb delicious! Gah, I needed a recipe that included sweet potato + quinoa (the brocc was all me) and I found one via google, thought it looked grand, cooked it to perfection, and - stink! None of the flavors went together, and the textures were a little awkward, too. So I ended up eating the broccoli first, then the sweet potato, then the quinoa, making it taste so much better - but a little ketchup would've made it more bearable. Dang you, HFCS! I got to get me some decent version of that tomato stuff. Miss you...

Awkward Finding in Organic Spinach:

Anyone able to explain what this is? I found it in our Costco's Organic baby spinach. Poison?!

Addiction:

This x2 + 2 more strawberries. Sheesh! I'm kind of fresh strawberry deprived, since we only buy the huge frozen bag from Costco land. So, tonight during my church's Art Ministry get-together, I attacked that strawberry plate like nobodies business!

Dear my brain,
Please take away my headache. Thanks so much.
Love,
Nicole

4 comments:

  1. I am on a serious strawberry addiction as well, and I really need to create my own granola! Your lunch looked amazing! Awesome job on your 10k. I am still working on being able to do a 5k :/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been totally digging strawberries lately too. Next time, you could put the quinoa and/or the sweet potatoes onto the bomb salad and it would be epic! i love adding grains and/or sweet potatoes to salads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this blog... It really is helping me eat healthier.. and rethink exactly what I've been eating lately .. :) Thank you :) yay for fruits and veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH and I found 3 homemade ketchup recipes if you want to check that out :)

    http://www.seasonalchef.com/recipe0905e.htm

    ReplyDelete