May 14, 2010

Ladies Cook Off!

Tonight was fantastic! My church held it's first Ladies Cook Off and had all the gals bring in their favorite dishes to share with the world! There were 4 categories: Appetizer, salad, main dish, and dessert. I attacked the main dish folks with my eggplant lasagna that I'm crazy about, and was super excited!

Here are pics from the grand event (so much fun hanging out with a bunch of ladies from my church! It's a big church, so unless you go to these events, it's harder to meet people. Loved simply being with a huge group of ladies that love the Lord, it just feels good.)

Me Lasagna!


Ugly Lasagna

Even though my tallies didn't count for my own category, I had to mention how ugly my poor lasagna looked. I know it probably tasted fantastical but honestly, ugly :\

Appetizers:

I ignored the crackers and stuck part of my fork in the dips to get a nice taste, then rated accordingly! I made the mistake of eating dinner before this so I had no room in my tummy for anything and all the gals around me were laughing at how small my portions were. I still enjoyed every little taste, though!

Dessert:

I loved the lemon cake (which won the $100 grand prize!) and the lime mouse, everything else just tasted like sugah. But hey, that's what it was, so, yay!

Lines:

Our plates were numbered according to the dishes (really well organized, I tell ya!) and we took a "sample" of each to judge it.

Huge Group!

This room was packed! It was so much fun.

Centerpieces:



cute. cute. cute.

Okay, on to the rest of the day!

Breakfast:

raw oats, muesli, soy milk, cinnamon, flaxseed meal, nanner, almonds, raisins. Long ingredient list, much?

Snack:

love.

Lunch:

almond butter + organic jam sammich + its friends.

Snack:

my last no bake granola bar (recipe here!) + a spotted banana

5Workout: 4 mi - 37:53 elliptical + 25 mins abs/ weights decided to take the mileage down a bit and attack my arm/ab muscles. Felt grand!

Temptation:

I've been craving a Green Monster all week, and finally hopped on it! 1 frozen banana, 1 cup soy milk, 2 handfuls spinach, flaxseed meal + 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder. Heavenly.

Dinner:

Tuna bomb with brocc, mustard, wee bit o' mayo, inside a whole wheat wrap :)

Nighttime Loving:

I just enjoyed that mug of oats, and it was the perfect end to a busy busy Friday.

Happy sunny weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment