May 27, 2010

Oh Running, I Love You

Soup is fantastical, but I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before. Soup is even better after a really, really nice run. It was cloudy, but not too cold, the schools were just getting out, so I got to run by a bunch of elementary-school kids that gave me high fives (so much fun!) and I saw the aftermath of a mass road incident on the way back (dump truck flipped over, spilling asphalt all over the road, hit a truck + a car, 1 person sent to the hospital) - And 2 minutes later I ran my fastest 10K ever! It felt so good, and it definitely wasn't a boring ol' run on the road. No sir, not at all.

Breakfast:

oats w. rice milk, cinnamon, flaxseed meal, 1 nanner, almonds, raisins, strawberries + mixed berries + love.

Snack:


Lunch:


Hello heavenly meal! Check out the insides: mustard, 1 slice turkey, homemade guac (tomato, avocado, lime juice, salt, serrano chili, green onion!), spinach, red bell pepper. So delish.

Workout: 10K (6.25mi) - 55:48 (that time includes me dodging 8 million people starring at this:

so I wish I could say I had an even better time! Maybe on my next road-10K :) After my run I came home and did 15 mins strength training + loved that Thursday burn.

Fuel:

1 tasty banana with cinnamon, raisins, a few almonds + a nice scoop of almond butter.

Dinner:

Quinoa + Carrot soup with chicken + a huge spinach salad.
Soup insides: 1 chicken breast, loads of h20, quinoa, garlic, onion, bay leaves, 4 organic carrots, organic celery spears, dozens of herbs, spices + salt (pressure cooked for 20 mins or so, let cool + eat!). Topped with about 5 radishes all diced up and tasting like happiness.
Spinach creation: Organic baby spinach, olive oil, red wine vinegar, parm, 1 slice Mack's Flax bread super toasted and seasoned with italian seasoning for croutons.

Dessert:

mini mug of rice milk oats + muesli topped with frozen blueberries + raw almonds.

A good run makes for a really good night. I'm in such a good mood! Too bad it's 9pm and I'm off to sleeping land. Ah, 5am wake up call, you seem harsh, but shoot - getting off work at 2:30 is huge fun.

PS:
I made awesome no-cream pasta primavera tonight for tomorrow's dinnah. Exciting! Yellow squash, asparagus, carrots, tomato, spinach, whole wheat pasta, lime juice, herbs + such, topped with some parmesan. Feed me?

5 comments:

  1. get a spiralizer..girl, best $ ever. You will LOVE it!

    Have a super nite!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run! Thats a heck of an accident you had to go by!

    And happy happy happy belated birthday!!! Hope it was a great one for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,that sounds like quite the run, ha ha, high fives from cute elementary kids, and and a big accident, what a mess that looked like. Amazing looking meals, and awesome workout honey :) Love you tons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your packed lunches always look so good and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing job on the 10k! Your banana dessert looks awesome, I'll have to try that snack.

    ReplyDelete