May 7, 2010

Turkey Potato Dinner Wrap

Today's eats: fabulous. Oh gosh, I had to make my applesauce bread in a separate post, it was too good not to! It might kill me to have 2 posts in one day, but I'll get over it.

Breakfast

cooked oats with soy milk, muesli, banana, raisins, ground flaxseed meal, cinnamon

Snack:


Lunch:

last bit o' almond butter, strawberry jam, raisins, cinnamon on whole wheat bread. And lovely side kicks in mini-tuppers.

Snack:

homemade no-bake granola bar (recipe here!)

Workout: 57 min run/walk + 20 mins abs/weights I enjoyed this workout oh-so-much! My sister and I took on a nature trail near her house, and the weather was gorgeous! (a whopping 65 for Seattle = heaven!) Sometimes a good walk is all ya need to feel great all over. I love love love running, but walk/running with my sister is really something I look forward to on Fridays. Love it!

Post Workout goods:

2 thick "bar" slices of homemade applesauce bread + nanner

Dinner:

Turkey-Potato Dinner Wrap: Amazing amazing amazing! Here's what happened: all we had in the fridge yesterday was 1 yukon potato, celery, 2 tomatoes (not in the fridge), smoked bbq-like sliced turkey, and whole wheat wraps. It was crazy! So I googled: Potato Dinner then Healthy Potato Dinner and came across this bad boy (link!) It was perfect and I had almost all the ingredients!

Insides:
  • 1 potato, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 2 slices deli turkey
  • Dried Green Onion, onion flakes, chopped garlic, other herbs + spices
  • Red Pepper Flakes, yo!
So I started off with a homemade tomato sauce (recipe) + added the celery. I cut the turkey into strips + browned on the side with some olive oil so it'd get some nice color to it, and added that to the tomato sauce. Then I added some h20, other herbs + spices, and covered it, hoping to create a nice, thick sauce of sorts. I boiled some water for the potato on the side, and once it was cooked I added it to the tomato sauce and covered it.

Today I spread 1/2 an avocado on a warmed whole wheat tortilla and topped it with the amaaazing potato filling. I paired it with some mashed cauliflower (cook cauliflower with dash o' rosemary in h2o, "mash" with fork) and it was seriously the most fantastic meal. The avocado added so much!



Thank you Google! I can seriously type in "substitute this" or "healthy that" and always find something fabulous. And most of the links bring me to girls' blogs. Hah! How grand.

Have a great weekend everyone!
I'm going to run a nifty 5K tomorrow morning for fun (no goal time since I haven't been able to train all week) while my hubby shoots for a PR in a 10K! Exciting? yes.

3 comments:

  1. the granola bar looks great! there is no link to it, but it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make that it looks so yummy but the hubby isn't a fan of avacado... and i'm not a fan of cucumber lol i love my cauliflour a bit on the crunch side !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh good luck on your 5k! Mashed avocado with ANYTHIN on top is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete