May 5, 2010

Unsweetened Cocoa Powder = Joy

Today was an amazing day! I had a great time hanging out with goofy toddlers all day, and I bought the greatest chocolate invention ever: unsweetened cocoa powder! 0g saturated fat (compared to about 6g in my favorite dark chocolate squares) and it contains no added sugars, it's just naturally heavenly and chocolate-y! God blessed this day so much and I am so thankful. I love happy days.

Breakfast:

soy-milk oats, banana, raisins, strawberry, almonds, blueberries.

Snack:


Lunch:

Sammich insides: almond butter, strawberry jam, raisins - loved them raisins inside that sandwich! I had forgotten they were in there and it was a sweet surprise with each bite :)

Snack:

homemade granola! (recipe)

Dinner:

Chicken Quinoa Stir Fry [homemade soy sauce!] with brocc/green bell + a huge ol' spinach salad with celery and homemade croutons. Oh & look what I gots!!



This stuff definitely added lots of flavor to this dish! Check out the Braggs website (link link link!), they'll send you free samples + awesome advise for living a healthy, beautiful, fulfilling life by eating wholesome goodness!





Then I ate a nanner:

'cause they're more tempting than a cupcake. For reals.

5 de Mayo treat:

My hubby brought me this delicious treat home! It was good, but too sweet... I'm a big baby when it comes to processed sugar - makes me sick to my stomach, and honestly, my body doesn't need it! - I just like the pure stuff that comes from raw fruit, it's so delicious! & even though this little pastry was tiny, I made my Edu split it with me so I could fill my tummy up with my spinach/cocoa smooothieee!

Spinach Soy Milk Smoothie!

  • 1 cup plain soy milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 3 frozen strawberries
  • small handful frozen blueberries
  • handful fresh spinach
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (too much! Definitely taking it down next time!)
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: It was delicious in this evenings Soy Milk Smoothie! Which was supposed to be a Green Monster, but they're not turning out as green as I'd like. So I'll just call 'em smoothies!

(source)
Ingredients: cocoa (that's it! Talk about short ingredient list!)
And this cocoa powder does not need any sweeteners added to make it tasty, the fruit has so much sweet kick - tasted like I added a tablespoon of honey to that guy!

Thursday, you're so close!! Thursday = almost Friday. Love.

1 comment:

  1. I actually ordered some Unsweetened Coconut Powder from Nutsonline.com and it came on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to finding different ways to use it - I've heard its great in smoothies (good to know to use less than 1 tbsp!), in breakfast cookies, in oatmeal... lots of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete