June 15, 2010

2nd Job + Sweet Potato Lovin'

Today started off in such a wonderful way (hello oats in a jar!). I just wish I was full of fantastic energy like I was during the day... right now, I feel a bit numb. It's my first day of my 2nd job but don't worry, it's a super part time job, if that. I work Every Wednesday and every other Tuesday as a Night Attendant at our apartment. It's pretty basic (sit, blog, say hi to people, vacuum + clean for 90 mins, sit, eat, watch tv + lock up!) but my first night has gone really slowly (which could be a blessing) and I'm having a hard time managing my time (sweep/vacuum now, or later? Take out trash now, or after everyone leaves?). I just wish I could clean everything and then just be chill for 4 hours. I'll get the hang of it eventually, right?

On to the eats!

Breakfast:

half cup oats + 1 cup rice milk + cinnamon, almonds, raisins in almond butter jar. This was so delicious I could hardly stand it!

Even my hubby fell in love with overnight oats, say goodbye to Mr. Stove Top + processed sugars, we got ourselves some naturally sweet oats up in here. (The raisins do magic in that fridge, shoot!)

topped with a little Pumpkin Flax Granola + 1 banana :)

Snack:

yum x3

Lunch:

Oh, pre-packing days, you're more fun every day.

A huge salad consisting of: garbanzos (chickpeaz!), spinach, cucumber, celery, carrots, green bell pepper, homemade guacamole + a side of grapes + more carrots.

Huge + full of flavor. I have been wanting to garbanzo my salads since I saw it done numerous times on Tina's blog - carrotsncake - and it seemed like a very nice way of getting some extra protein on them greens. I loved the flavor they brought, I steamed them in bay leaves, salt, and other herbs + they tasted so good! Slightly soft, but still popped in my mouth. So grand!

Workout: 5 mi - 48:56 elliptical + abs I was in sort of a rush since I had to be at "2nd work" in less than 2 hours, and I usually love taking my time at the gym. The back of my leg has been killing me since Sunday's morning run (Sundays are my off days, but it was hubby's first day back so we decided to celebrate with a killer workout!) + I think my legs really count on that day for complete rest. Sorry, legs!

Snack:

nanner + almond butter + cinnamon + raisins + almonds + a spoon.

Dinnah:

Pre-packed + ate at 2nd job land. 1 sweet potato, microwaved for 4 mins (lame micro power!) with homecooked pinto beans (awesome beans on sweet potato idea from Beth + Sarah's great blogs!), homemade guac, and Runner's World's recipe of Quinoa Tabouleh (SO GOOD!)

Dessert:

Frozen strawberries warmed up a bit, with low-fat plain yogurt, cinnamon, almonds + raisins + raw oats. I think my diet consists of the oats/almonds/raisins fad 80% of my day. That's silly.

Off to tackle a much-needed cleaning of the apartment's gym + bathrooms! I feel cool. Hubby helping me = true love. True Wuv.

1 comment:

  1. I've still yet to try putting raisins in my overnight oats. I need to get on that - they look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete