June 10, 2010

5 Day a Week Vegan

Life without meat, dairy, cheese + eggs is actually quite lovely...
I had cheese + some ground turkey last Saturday, and I've been "clean" all week! But I need to keep meat in my diet, 'cause I want to be a missionary (in Mexico!) and I can't say "no!!" to all the meaty/cheesy dishes I'm offered for the rest of my life, that would be a sure fire way to become labeled as a strange, rude foreign girl that rejects every meal she's given, and then no one would want to listen to me when I'm trying to tell them about Jesus and His love for everyone! So, today was meat day. Hello chicken!

Friend:

[1/2 cup raw oats, 1/4 cup muesli, cinnamon, raisins, 1 banana, frozen berries + rice milks]

Snack:

This snack has to bore any one who looks at my blog, but it's so stinkin' perfect for a snack!

Lunch:

[1 1/2 cups escarole, diced cucumber + green bell pepper with 2 spinach pancakes topped with homemade guacamole and enjoyed with some baby carrots]

Workout: 1.10 mi - 10:20 elliptical + 6.21 mi (10K) - 57:29 treadmill + 15 mins weights/abs I was planning on going for a nice, long run in the sun, but the second I walked outside, the clouds had filled the sky + the rain started to fall. So I headed to the gym, saw the treadmill was ocupado, and hopped on the elliptical. Once the treadmill was free, I took advantage of it 'cause Thursdays are my hardcore workout days, and I needed my run, man!

Ate this:

1 banana from the fridge (it was about to die and the fridge saved it!) with almond butter, cinnamon + raisins :)

Perfect dinner:

Small servings of whole wheat pasta, 1 baby-sized piece o chicken (organic, free range, vegetarian fed, if that counts for anything!), 1 diced tomato, loads of brocc, seasoned with italian seasoning + red pepper flakes. And guess what? It didn't even need cheese!

It did, however, call for a slice of honey whole wheat bread:


My taste buds live for breakfast. When my alarm goes off at 5am, one of the first things that comes to mind is my morning bowl of oats. Whether they're my newest favorite: overnight oats, or classic stove-top oatmeal, or a cold n', raw, muesli + oats combo with loads of cinnamon and flaxseed meal, I am happy to wake up because one of those fantastic, callin-my-name bowls is waiting for me in the kitchen. And, today I had breakfast for dessert. Hello awesome day!

The last of my overnight oats:

I love how plump the raisins get! (1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup muesli, cinnamon, almonds, raisins, flaxseed meal, 1 cup rice milk, let it sit overnight in fridge and enjoy with a huge smile on your face the next morning!)

Hubby's returning this weekend!
Oh happy day. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to put raisins in it overnight! I actually have some cherry craisins on hand, so maybe I'll give those a try!

    ReplyDelete