June 23, 2010

Blueberry Vegan Pancakes + Olympia

So, today was test day - An almost 2 hour drive to Olympia was in store: to take the written Medical Translator test in Spanish, all in the hopes of becoming legit + certified to work as a translator in the medical world. Ah, and today started off perfectly, but sadly ended with an unhappy face and a tummy extremely full of oats that I ate but didn't need need to eat, and now I feel like a bum.

Blueberry Vegan Pancakes:

  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (or oats) I mixed oats + flour :)
  • Cinnamon
  • Baking powder
  • Dash o' salt
  • 3/4 cup rice milk
  • 2 tbsp veg. oil
  • Vanilla
  • Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    Serves 1 hungry person
    or 2 not super hungry people





I'm horrible at making pancakes pretty :(


Topped with 1 banana + almond butter!



Amazing!

Eats on the Road:

Almond butter, cinnamon, raisins on Macks' Flax bread with fruit + veggie mahem.

Test:

Nerrvouus! 150 Questions : killer! Medical words were hard :| But I feel slightly good about it, we'll see in 2-4 weeks!

Finished!

Best feeling ever!

State Capitol:

I had never seen this before, it was sweet. Felt like I was looking at the White House or something. And look how gorgeous it was outside!

Quick Dinner:

I was extremely hungry when I got home, so I just grabbed loads of mixed organic greens...

topped with hubby's leftover tuna casserole (whole wheat pasta, 1/4 can tuna, peas, celery, rice milk - instead of soup - and some crumbs on top - baked) **I'm sorry, but this was awful. The greens were slightly bitter + needed something sweet to calm 'em down, and I have become not-a-fan of tuna. I was pretty bummed out about this dinner, and needed to fill my sadness with oats...

Satisfaction + Loss of Control:

Kashi's 7 Whole Grains Nuggets, muesli, rice milk, cinnamon, almonds, raisins + then I ate about 10 spoonfuls of overnight oats from the fridge. Like I said, out of control.

Anyway, now that my sad mood has gone away a bit, I feel mucho mas calmer. I will now watch Top Chef, wait for Work of Art to start, and ice my leg (which is almost 100% pain free now!) so I can maybe run tomorrow. Oh, that'd be soo nice. Or maybe I'll buy a bike someday so I can get my riding game on. That sounds like a good idea.

Peace, friends + familia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment