June 7, 2010

Bok Choy, Let's Be Best Friends

A quickie before bed time!
Having no hubby here makes me sad.

Breakfast:

Aww, my very first batch of overnight oats drank all their rice milk! such good oats...!


overnight oats are the most wonderful, delicious, fantastic, easy, wholesome invention ever! This mini bowl of a little over 1/2 cup overnight oats was so filling I almost had to crawl out the door (so strange!) but, tomorrow I hope to bring the portion down a tad to make this bfast absolutely perfect + flawless. Thank you, blog world, for introducing this creation to me!

Snack:

organic apple + juicy orange.

Lunch:

almond butter + cinnamon + raisins + veggies!

Workout: 5.5 mi - 50:30 elliptical + weights/abs
  • After-elliptical stretch
  • Leg weights (3 sets of 12 reps)
  • Arms (3 sets of 20 reps of 3 different moves)
  • Abs! 20 crunches
  • 30 bicycles
  • 20 straight arm crunches
  • 20 reverse crunches
  • 100's
  • Ending stretch
All felt so good, but seriously: stretching is wonderful.
I need to do it a lot more often. Feels so good!


Fuel:


Dinnah:

Bok Choy! I used a recipe from Alicia Silverstone's book The Kind Diet, and it was so easy! I pre-cooked organic brown rice yesterday in homemade broth, and added some organic bok choy + carrots to this "stir-fry" of sorts (Alicia calls it a fried rice, but look at that baby! It calls for rice vinegar, shoot!) Bok Choy is heaven on earth those super green leaves were added the last 3 minutes of cooking, and were so tender + flavor packed.

Easy Peasy:
  • Heat a wok on medium high heat
  • Add olive oil, tsp finely diced garlic + dash of salt
  • Constantly move for 10 secs
  • Add diced carrots and cook for 3-4 mins
  • Add Alicia's other awesome ingredients that I don't have and I forgot the names to..
  • Add a little water (3 tbsp) and the rice
  • Toss in some rice vinegar
  • Throw in your bok choy
  • Cook for about 2-4 mins, until rice drinks h2o
  • Serve hot + tasty + effortlessly + Enjoy.
I'm so glad I've been trying new foods recently - this boy is definitely a keeper! That is, if the hubby likes it...

Delicious Black Beans:

They were my bok choy's sidekick today. Protein what whaat!


I added the last bite of my bok choy lovin' fried rice to this little bowl of homecooked black beans. So nice, so nice.

Dessert:

Not super surprisingly, dinner didn't fill me to the brim (such a good feeling!) So I ate an apple + some almond butter @ my lovely parent's house with a cup of oats cooked in h2o with cinnamon and mixed berries. It was. A great cup.

"Runners need their sleep."

2 comments:

  1. I've yet to try bok choy, but the dish you made looks scrumptious!

    I guess I should add it to my list of new veggies to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove bok choy. My boyfriend made a lemongrass bok choy soup the other night with tofu and rice noodles... soooo good!

    Plus, overnight oats really are the best thing ever. So easy, filling, delicious, and healthy!

    ReplyDelete