June 22, 2010

Cauliflower Crust Pizza w. Tempeh

Oh, Tuesday, you were wonderful in so many ways!
It started off a bit rocky, 6am workout went poorly, bfast was a quickie, work started off with a big punch in the face from stress + anxiety, then got better. Ah, God is good, friends.
Workout: 4 mi - 39:14 elliptical + 10 min stretching

I shot for 6 miles but failed miserably. I felt sick to my stomach, which never happens, and I was just exhausted. So I listened to my body and stopped. It was a good thing to do, but I definitely beat myself up for it.

Breakfast:

overnight oats topped with 1 banana, Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets, and frozen blueberries!

Snack:

organic (extremely delicious!!!) apple, carrots, grapes.

Lunch:

Leftover broccoli pesto pasta with fruits, veggies, and 1 slice Mack's Flax Bread.

Snack:

Working 830-500 shifts makes my body crave this 2nd snack!

Organic Cauliflower Pizza Party!



Cauliflower (steamed), egg, italian seasoning



greens!


You're supposed to "lightly mash" the cooked cauliflower, so it keeps a nice, thick texture for the "dough" but I am in love with my food processor (thanks family!) so I threw the ingredients in there. It turned into an almost-thick-soup, so I learned to avoid Mr.Food Processor next time ;)

Toppings:



I love organic veggies + their awkward shapes.





After baking at 450* for 15 mins:


Partyyy!





Red Pepper Flakes are my friend.

Dessert, glorious dessert:

Low-fat plain yogurt blended with frozen booberries, strawberries + agave. Topped with muesli, almonds, raisins, and a nanner.

Tomorrow I get the day off (first time since new years!) so I can drive a few hours away to take my written test on becoming a Certified Medical Translator - eep! I am muy nerviosa. Hoping some vegan pancakes can help me pass the test with flying colors!

Happy Wednesday almost/Friday?

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - LOVE this cauli pizza base - its pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an awesome idea for a pizza crust!! Something I must try.

    ReplyDelete