June 17, 2010

Fruit Addiction?

I think I need more veggies in my life, and the fruit intake should be taken down a tad. Let's see, today in the fruit land I happily consumed 2 bananas, 2 oranges, 1 apple, grapes, frozen blueberries + 1 kiwi. Maybe I should take it down a notch, ya know, give my body a rest from so much naturally fruity sugar? Fill up on the greens + fibrous vegetables. I shall try (next week!)

Bfast:

overnight oats (3/4 cup raw oats, 1 cup rice milk, cinnamon, almonds, raisins, soaked overnight) topped with frozen blueberries, pumpkin flax granola + a banana.

Fruit Snack:

1. 2. 3.

Veggie Lunch:

Baby Spinach, 2 spinach pancakes (go get 'em!), 1/4 avocado, half a tomato, lime juice (pretty much a non-mashed up guacamole!) with some mustard, celery, bell pepper

silly carrot face.
Carrots + grapes on the side.

Sweaty Workout: 6 mi - 58:13 elliptical (5 min. cool down) + 10 min weights/abs

My poor leg is still in mucho pain, so running might be taking a break 'till Monday. I'm pretty bummed out about it but all this elliptical action is going to make me legs super strong! Right? I keep telling myself that, it bettah be true.

Banana fuel:

Cereal?

Colorful Dinner:

Whole wheat spaghetti topped with parsley, oregano, basil + thyme. Slightly steamed Pan Patty Squash + brocc with some organic pasta sauce = delicious in ever way.

I enjoyed it with 1 slice of ww bread + some homecooked pinto/black beans with steamed carrots.



Not pictured:
oh yeah, I also ate these guys during the day:

*1 orange for an afternoon snack
*some raw muesli with the post workout banana
*2 spoonfuls overnight oats
*a few more almonds + raisins

Hey, I'm only human, right?

Farewell! Tomorrow has a 6am workout in store, and an 8:30-5:00 shift. What's that all about?! No complaints, the weekend is pretty much here already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment