June 25, 2010

Homemade Granola Love + Runners EXPO

Friday was kind of strange. Is that a good enough excuse for a late post? I think so. The best part about Friday was the Seattle Rock n' Roll Half Marathon Expo. Oh, and I made homemade granola bars, which was pretty sweet, too.

[Averie's] No-Bake Fantastic Granola Bars

  • 1.5 cups oats
  • 1/2 cup nut butter
  • 1/2 cup sweetener (agave, pure maple, honey)
  • 2 tbsp. chia seeds (and/or flaxseeds)
  • 1 banana, mashed up
  • Cinnamon
  • Vanilla
  • Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

Mix.


Freeze (for a few hours or overnight).


Prep for cutting.


cut into 8 big-ish bars or 10 nicer sized bars.


wrap in plastic wrap or waste baggies like me :)

Oh! I ate other things on Friday, as well:

Bfast:

Overnight oats
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 1 cup rice milk
  • raisins
  • almonds
  • cinnamon
  • cocoa powder
  • vanilla
Snackage:


Lunch:

I made guacamole?


Mack's Flax Bread, Mustard, Tempeh, Red Bell Pepper, Avocado, carrots, kiwi, grapes!

Rainbow sammie.




After-work oats:

'cause a workout wasn't happening, and I had to wait for my hubby to get home so we could go to the Rock N Roll Marathon/Half Marathon Expo to pick up his bib!

Oh, dinner:

I got a free sample of this from bragg.com
and saw some blogging girlies use it, so I tried:


Huge sweet potato (love love love!) and mixed organic greens with bell pepper, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and nutritional yeast.


Ugliest picture ever award? Thank you!
Hubby gave me his homecooked pinto beans for my sweet potato.
PS: The salad was, dare I say, horrific tasting. Better luck next time?

Pre-Half Marathon Meal for the man:

1 salmon fillet, baked with 1 tomato and some herbs/olive oil, sweet potato, avocado and some whole wheat pasta that he couldn't finish ('cause this plate was a huge carb bomb!) and he granted me with some :)

Runner's EXPO!

What whaat give us our bib, yo! And by that I mean just my husband's bib 'cause I'm too scared to attempt 13.1 miles at the moment..


creativity is awesome.


My dream job.
Is to work with those girls at the Larabar booths all ovah the world.

Gifts:

Check out those mini bottles of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar! They were almost more exciting then all those crazy bars I took home!



Aaand... 10pm sleep
for a 4am wakeup call. Darn!

No comments:

Post a Comment