June 21, 2010

Broccoli Pesto Pasta

It has been a really, really tough day.
And I have a tummy too full of oats - to prove it.

Bfast:

overnight oats in all their glory!

topped with a banana, frozen bluerberries + Kashi 7 Whole Grains cereal

Snack:

yum, yum, and yum.

Lunch:

almond butter, cinnamon, raisin sammie on Mack's Flax Flourless bread and fruits/veggies


Then I consumed a huge orange while I got some wise words from The Book to reflect on.

Workout: 44 mins Full Body Workout
(mainly focusing on arms/abs so my leg can keep resting)


The *insaane* Stats:
  • 9 min. warm up (awesome warm up from Woman's Health magazine!)
  • Reverse Fly Extension - 90 secs // 5lb weights
  • Curl. Cross, and Punch - 90 secs // 5lbs
  • Superman to Plank - 20 reps
  • Double Crunch - 15 reps
  • Tuck and Roll - 90 secs
  • Side-Lying Circle (15 circles forward n back on each leg)
  • Bicycle Crunch - 20 reps
  • Standing Twist to Pile - 20 reps // 5lbs
  • Jab-Cross with Shuffle - 20 reps // 5lbs
  • Serve the Platter - 15 reps // 5lbs
  • Modified Hundreds
  • Knee Crossover to Kick - 20 reps each leg
  • Knees-Up Crunch - 20 reps // 5lb ball
  • Balancing Triceps Press (my faaavorite!)
  • Modified Push-Ups - 15
  • Omega Squat - 15 reps // 5lbs
  • Standing Mule Kick - 20 kicks each leg
  • Hip Extension - 20 each leg
  • Reverse Crunch - 20 reps
  • Crunches - 20
  • Modified Push Ups - 15
and that, my friends, is what Nicole does when she feels bad about not running. Guilt for no reason? yes.

I so miss running and am about a day away from falling into a deep, sad depression because of it.

Fuel:


Dinner:

*recipe here!*

Broccoli Pesto & Fusilli Pasta~





Served with homecooked pintos :)


Fantastic! But, because of the lack of garlic (hubby not a fan), it needed a little something..


Organic chunky tomato + herb pasta sauce :)

Then, I ate about a full serving of overnight oats, along with some raw muesli in my hand, and some Flaxseed Pumpkin Granola + then I was too lazy to prepare anything for tomorrow's lunch - so I'll be having leftover pasta.

Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. It's crazy how much your body gets used to running once you start and literally craves it, BUT think of how long you went running without it! I know it's hard, but use the time to branch out and find some other things you love so you continue to change it up, even after you get back to running! Love the idea of broccoli pesto.. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole - what are overnight oats?
    I just came across your blog for the first time - I had no idea you were such a healthy couple! good for you! keep it up - I try to eat healthy and succeed sometimes, but sure wish I had made it a lifestyle when I was your age - old habits are so hard to break!

    ReplyDelete