June 4, 2010

Not So Vegetarian

Happy happy Friday all! Today started with oats, and ended with oats. I think that makes for a fairly nice start to the grand weekend. :)

Today I ate "meat"
(tuna, actually) for the first time in... a million days! Or, ya know, first time this week. It was tasty, but now my mouth smells like fish :( I think this is my new way of life: eat muchas veggies, fruits, whole grains, beans, and poultry/fish every once in a while. I might eat a baby-sized steak every so often with the hubby, but my weekly eats will be kind of vegetarian based 'cause it tastes so good that way!

Bfast:

1/2 cup muesli, 1/2 cup raw oats, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, almonds, banana, raisins + rice milk

Snack:


Lunch:

Almond butter, cinnamon + raisin sammich - like always + mini servings of the good stuff.

Workout: 5K run/walk with sister - she was able to run for a straight 25 minutes without stopping, I was so stinkin proud of her. And it didn't start down pouring rain 'till after we were done, thank you clouds!!

Then I ate this:

I love me a good banana on a Friday afternoon.

Dinner:

Whole wheat pasta, 1 cup peas, 1 tomato (diced), red bell pepper, 1/2 can tuna (hello mercury!) and some organic pasta sauce + parm. Side salad: spinach, celery, red wine vinegar, olive oil, parm + raiiisiiins! Hot dang, raisins are crazy good with spinach!

Then we saw a rainbow!

18 inches of rain = much deserved view of a rainbow.

Nighttime cup of lovin'

1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt, 1/4 cup raw oats, cinnamon, frozen berries. Mix it all up for a delicious late night treat, and a nice way to end a Friday. Goodnight.

Tomorrow morn: Hubby runs a 10K!
When will I ever run another race? We'll see!
Happy weekend + happy eating!!

1 comment:

  1. I think your food philosophy is a great one. Eat mostly veg with a little meat every now and again! Perfect :) Good luck to the hubby in his race!!A nut butter and raising sandwich sounds fabulous. I had a run that finished right before a down pour this week too! Always makes you so happy you didn't slow down ;)

    ReplyDelete