June 24, 2010

Perfect Glorious Day + Chia Seeds

Today was super fantastic, today was a huge blessing from God (although, all days are truly blessings, even the stinkin' horrible ones...) and I'm pretty sure it's cause of the boat load of endorphins inside of me from my 6 mile elliptical attack this afternoon. Exercise is so fabulous.

Bfast:

Overnight oats (1 cup rice milk, 3/4 cup oats, cinnamon, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder, raisins, almonds) topped with 1 banana, Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets, and frozen blueberries.

Snack:

Orange, Kiwi, Apple Lovin'

Lunch:

100% Organic Brown rice fiesta in a bowl: brown rice cooked with bay leaves + fresh celery leaves, 1/3 grilled chicken breast, carrots, cut up greens


It was so delicious I ate it in about 60 seconds.

Grape friends.

Organic apple :)


Workout: 6 mi - 57:14 elliptical + 15 mins abs/weights
Loco elliptical machine said I torched 859 calories!
Not sure how accurate that is, but it still felt pretty stinkin' cool!

Reward:


Green Monster in my face!
  • 1 banana (should've been frozen, man!)
  • 3/4 c. rice milk
  • 2 frozen strawberries
  • handful frozen blueberries
  • handful of mixed greens
  • ice cubes
  • unsweetened cocoa powder
  • vanilla

Green Monster turned Brown :\

Looked CRAZY GOOD...

But needed a little extra "oopmh" to get rid of the green's bitter flavor..

Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets? nice.

Muesli? kinda nice..

raw oats? absolutely perfect!

Them oats seriously sucked up all the bitterness of them greens (stick to spinach in green smoothies, friends!) and left my taste buds seriously happy.

Necessary:

After shower time + some computer time, I needed a slice o' bread to munch on while I cooked some stinking grand roasted cauliflower. This was a good slice.

Getting down to Business:

You do what you have to do.
I have monster feet.

Dinner:

I was pretty excited! Recipe here from 101cookbooks (best friend!)

olive oil + salt


25 mins total in oven = pure cauliflower beauty.


served with Quinoa Stir Fry with Tempeh + a wee bit o' chicken
  • 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
  • Red bell pepper
  • Broccoli
  • Your Favorite Protein :)

    "Sub. Soy Sauce" I swear it's amazing.
  • Red Wine Vinegar
  • Rice Vinegar
  • Red Pepper Flakes
  • Salt + Pepper




Mail man:

It was like Christmas! We got new pillows!


Look what I am the proud owner of :) I fell in love with this book, but the library made me give it back, so I gave in and bought it. Recipes: classic vegan love. I'm stoked. Oh and..

Chia seeds, anyone?

Finally! Get ready to see these disappear as I eat them every day for the rest of my life!

Dessert:

It's. So. Hot. In. Our. Apartment.
Floor 3. Heat rises. No A/C.
Hubby + I: strong soliders.

Eduardo's running Seattle's Rock n Roll Half Marathon on Saturday! I've become pretty pro at leg massages + applying ice packs.

Man, today was good.
Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great weekend! Can't wait to hear how Eduardo does tommorrow - good luck to him :)

    ReplyDelete