June 16, 2010

Rest Days + Tofu Pudding

Happy Nicole-doesn't-run-today day! My legs are so happy that I'm finally giving them a break. 6 days I made them work, six days! My weekly max is 3 days in a row, then rest, then 2 days, then rest... etc. So I'm pretty thankful for this lovely Wednesday and all the rest it has in store for me.

I couldn't stop cooking today. Here are 8 million pictures of what went in my mouth today, and everything I tackled that will be consumed within the next few days:

Breakfast:

overnight oats (1/2 cup oats, 1 cup rice milk, raisins + almonds lived overnight in tupperware, then topped with 1 banana and some Pumpkin Flax Granola (the best!))

Snack:

yes.

Lunch:

almond butter + cinnamon + raisin sammich + the goods on the side.

Snack:

'cause sometimes you just can't say no to a 2nd orange.

Hold me over:

had to eat this baby in order to control eating everything in sight as I cooked dinner.

Dinner:

tofu stir fry (brown rice, broccoli, green bell pepper, tofu cubed and browned, red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, dash o' salt n peppa)


with spinach salad :)

Dessert?

I cooked beans. Then ate them. Pintos + some black beans pressure cooked with garlic, onion, salt. Dinner felt light so I didn't feel bad eating these fantastic beanies!

2nd Dessert?

Date date date!

New Squash:


Decided to buy this funny looking squash this week.
Hello, I'm a Patty Pan (or scallop) Squash.
Strangest name ever? I felt that way.
Buying odd-looking fruits + veggies: awesome.
I decided to put it in pasta:

Patty Pan Squash pasta:

ww spaghetti, patty pan squash (lightly steamed), spinach + herbs = my dinner for tomorrow. Aw, looks so pretty.

Tofu Pudding:

tofu, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla, cinnamon

Put in fridge (or.. would freezer work?) I tried some but it was a bit dry. Would rice milk add some creamy texture? I hope so! Will try tomorrow.

Overnight oats:

Guess who fell 100% in love with overnight oats? My husband!!! He asked me to make a big batch, and I definitely made enough for a good week. He kept asking "you didn't put agave in it?!" (which I did not) 'cause it turns out super duper sweet as if it had a cup of brown sugar in it or something. I swear, it's the raisins! They fill up and explode sugar everywhere.

3rd dessert:

silly me. Eating every 5 minutes. 1/2 apple, low-fat plain yogurt, cinnamon, muesli, pumpkin flax granola, raisins, almonds, a happy spoon to choo-choo the goods onto my taste buds.

New Age music + Work of Art on Bravo + my sketchbook + God's Word to inspire me to paint + massage later by hubby = a wonderful Wednesday evening.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't think you could of had a better day than you did, ha ha, it sounds awesome. I love your pics and all of your comments on new foods,:) Te Amo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That squash is so cool looking! I love trying new things.

    Last night I made overnight oats with craisins instead of raisins and it turned out SO good! :)

    ReplyDelete