June 6, 2010

Sweet Potato + Goodbyes

Happy Sunday (ie: saddest day of my life)! I dropped the love of my life off at the airport today, then cried like a baby (syke?) and now I'm in the happiest of moods 'cause I'm hanging out with my favorite parents evah!

Oh look, I ate stuff!

Breakfast:

1/2 cup raw oats, 1/4 cup muesli (too much! I'm definitely going to go back to 3/4 cups of cereal from now on) with cinnamon, flaxseed meal, almonds, raisins, nanner, rice milk

Lunch:

After reading this article, in Woman's Health mag, on trying new greens (and reds) I decided to buy some: escarole + bok choy this week.


Escarole is first to be tried! It's known to have a slightly bitter taste.... so I stuck it in a sammich to hide it so it wouldn't scare me (oops!)


sammich insides!


Tempeh sammich + escarole lettuce! with avocado, tomato, bell pepper, mustard, serrano chili - SO GOOD! Didn't notice any strong flavor in the escarole, maybe I should take a bite of it in pure, by-itself state to taste its full flavor. Sammich's friends: baby carrots + celery.

Snack:

Banana + last black bean brownie (recipe here!)

Goodbyes:



Gosh... so hard to say goodbye to my love bug....!

Overnight oats!!


That's 4 servings :) for 4 days this week!
Oats:
  • 1 cup raw oats
  • 1 cup muesli
  • 4 cups rice milk
  • Cinnamon
  • Flaxseed Meal
  • 1 cup raisins
  • Handful raw almonds
Garbanzo burgers :)


Got the recipe from 101cookbooks (link), of course!!
  • 1/2 cup cooked garbanzos
  • Water (recipe calls for egg, but we were out)
  • Whole wheat bread crumbs (feel like this isn't necessary....)
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Dash o' salt
  • omitted the sprouts, 'cause I don't have any :(

Makes 2 nice patties :)

Dinner (gracias to Beth for the idea!)

Nuke a sweet potato for 3 mins, top it with 1/2 cup homecooked black beans + a bit of its yummy bean-like liquid to moisten the potato. Served with slightly steamed organic brocc :)

Nighhtime berry oats:

3/4 cup oats, 1 cup water (folks need some rice milk, yo!), raisins, cinnamon, berries

Goodnight kitty:


aww wuv kitties!

Only 6 (or 5!) more days 'till I hold my hubby in me arms again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment