June 5, 2010

Tempeh Pizza + Hubby's Race

Ah, Saturday, if only you lasted a week longer...

We got up at 6:30am for a 10K race (hubby's race, that is) - We ate this stuff:

Then I immediately felted bummed about not racing/getting my hardcore Saturday morning workout so I grabbed the recent issue of Shape Magazine and took on the Cover Profile workout with a miss. Kim Kardashian (workout *here* posted on their site!)

made me sweat like a crazy person!

Workout was almost exactly 30 mins long when gone through 4 times, including some *extra reps* I threw in there for good measure! Stats: 30 mins upper/lower body workout + extra ab workout + 20 min run around Duvall (race) while waiting for the racers to finish. It felt pretty good, man!

Race:



There was a mini group of guys with red tanks + yellow (10K) bibs - it was pretty humorous. Check out mai man!! Run Edu runnnnn!!

Poor runners, about 5k of this 10k run was up hill - insane, much?

finish! time: 10K - 40:13


You did it! You conquered like 8 million hills!

We both ate one of these (not too shabby) + a banana





Most. Beautiful. Day. Ever. Move to Duvall? Okay!

7th overall - 2nd in age division!

Winner!

Bfast:

2 eggs with 1 organic tomato, 1/2 avocado, red bell pepper, spinach, serrano chili!


& 3 fantastic corn tortillas to make 3 awesome egg-like tostadas!

Snack:

we split 800 unsalted peanuts, and some organic baby carrots


& I downed my last mini-homemade Larabar

Dinner:

need I say more? Okay, pizza with TEMPEH, I will: homemade whole wheat pizza crust, organic pasta sauce, mozzarella, spinach, pineapple, serrano chili, tempeh and red pepper flakes. I ate those plus one 'cause I love me some pizza.

Pizza weekend 2 weekends in a row: making Eduardo's day 100% fantastico before he leaves for a week long business trip and has to eat out non-stop every. single. hour. Happy pizza day, mi Amor!

Tempeh is my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to the man!!!!!!!!!!! And you're such a great supporter. Your homemade lara looks incredible. I always try extra hard to make lots of good food for my husband before he goes on business trips. Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete