June 2, 2010

Tempeh Sandwich

  1. I wish I could eat tempeh or tofu every day.
  2. I read that soybeans overdose = bad idea.
  3. Today was National Running Day
  4. Today was my hubby and my day off from running
  5. I just made black bean brownies - tomorrow: consume
Breakfast:

Stove-top cooked oats with rice milk, h20, hint of brown sugar + mucho cinnamon. Topped with 1 banana, defrosted berry-licious berries, raw almonds + raisins.

Snack:

organic apple + orange = smile on mai face all morning?

Lunch:

tempeh sammich! I decided to cut a thin slice of tempeh instead of turkey for this fella. Its friends were: organic baby spinach, green bell pepper, avocado, tomato, serrano chili (mashed into a mini serving of guacamole!) + mustard. Sides: grapes, kiwi, cucumber, carrots, celery. So so so so good. Tempeh is the new deli meat, I mean it!

Lovely view of June:

I got to stare at this rain storm for 30 mins in my car while I ate. Oh June, you're so pretty?

Dinner:

This was. so. good. My lovely Aunt invited me out to lunch/dinner for my birthday (which lasted 8 days, sweeet!) + we headed to Mongolian Grill, a "...build your own bowl, fast casual, Asian stir-fry concept." And let me just say, it was wonderful. You do just what it says, you build a bowl of veggies/rice noodles, you hand it to them, pick a meat, then they stir-fry it all up right in front of you! My bowl: carrots, bell pepper (red + green), green onion, zucchini, broccoli + tofu ~ I grabbed a bite of rice noodles to try, and didn't fancy them so I devoured that rice.

Can I eat veggie stir-fried food + tempeh sammiches every day? Thanks.

Snack(ing)

homemade mini larabar, raw almonds, banana

Unnecessary, but tasty, cup of oats

You know when you're not hungry, but you crave a small portion of your favorite comfort-like food? A mug 1/2 full of oats w/rice milk is my comfort food, and I downed that bowl.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the oh so sweet comment on my blog, you're the best. Looks like you had a relaly nice day minus the rain. The sammy and the great sides look jammin. And stir fry is one of my favorite go to meals (never gets old) Happy (almost) Friday

    ReplyDelete