June 12, 2010

Vegan Pancakes

This has been a really great Saturday morning! I got up at 6am pushing myself to go to the gym and get my early-morning sweat on. I planned on running at a fairly fast pace to see how many miles I could run in 30 mins, then I hoped to try out a Bikini Body Workout torn from Shape magazine (TRY IT! it. was. killer hard).

Workout:
3.42 mi - 30:00 treadmill (5.5K)
Bikini Body Workout - 30:15 sweat session


Killer Workout:
  1. Squat Jump-Up (jump onto bench, almost fall, repeat 16x)
  2. Single-leg Bridge (1 heal on stability ball, opposite knee bent, lift hips) 16x
  3. Spiderman Push-up (impossible for me, so I did mountain climbers!) 16x
  4. Bench hop (hop over bench, almost fall again) 20x
  5. Fast band row (knees bent, back straight, lift lift lift!) 20x
  6. Wobble dip (heals on stability ball, hands on bench, butt floating, burn!) 16x
  7. 21 curls (5lb weights, simple but felt burn)
  8. Alternating press (5lb weights, also simple but burned mucho!) 20x
  9. Ticktock (back to floor, legs straight, tick tock 'em!) 10x then crunches
  10. Repeat 3x (I did it twice then did a bunch of abs!)

oh yes, I got all shiny + burned calories!

Gyms make you tough.

I have been craving wholesome, homemade pancakes for a while, and today was Vegan Pancake Day since I had the extra time. They were incredible! and super easy, and stinkin' healthy man!

Vegan Pancakes



  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (I did half ww flour, half raw oats!)
  • 3/4 cup rice milk
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • Dash o' salt
  • Cinnamon
  • Vanilla
  1. Heat pan to medium heat
  2. Mix dry ingredients
  3. Add wet ingredients
  4. Spray pan with non-stick spray
  5. Pour on mini-sized pancakes
  6. Makes 6 pancakes the size of your palm (ish..)


Beth from bethsjourney.com recently made some awesome pancakes + made a "frosting" to top them with, and I had to recreate it! I simply cut up half a banana, added a tad bit of h2o and some unsweetened cocoa powder and microwaved it for a little under a minute. I then kept it in the fridge while I cooked the pancakes. 2 pancakes are topped with the chocolate banana frosting + the other little guys have raw almond butter. The rest of the banana was added at the end.

I will never look at a pancake the same way again.
I want more!

I get to pick up the hubby in about 30 mins, so this might be the post for the day. Have a great Saturday, everyone! My hubby's coming home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment