June 11, 2010

Veggie Tofu Fried Rice

Can vegetables be my best friends? I'm turning into a real big fan. Happy Friday! My last day of being lonesome without my love bug, Eduardo! Hubby home tomorrow: best Saturday evah.

Breakfast:

Oats! I love me a bowl of oats at 530am :) In the tummy went: half cup oats, fourth cup muesli, cinnamon, raisins, banana, mixed berries, flaxseed granola + 1 cup organic rice milk.

Snack:

my fruity friends

Lunch:

Almond butter + cinnamon + raisins + honey whole wheat w/veggie side kicks!

Workout:
50 min run/walk w. sister!
Such a beautiful and sunnnnyyy day, first one this week!

Bomb Escarole Smoothie:

7 escarole leaves, 3/4 cup rice milk, 1 frozen nanner, frozen berries, unsweetened cocoa powder + topped with flaxseed granola. Ohmygosh this was so yummy! I could easily live on veg/fruit smoothies. Love love luv.

Dinner:

Look what this girl invented - this was fantastic + so full of flavor!

Veggie Tofu Fried Rice:
  • 1/4 cup cooked organic brown rice
  • Firm tofu, crumbled
  • Bok choy
  • Broccoli
  • Celery
  • Red wine vinegar
  • Rice vinegar
  • Garlic + onion
  • Red pepper flakes
  • Salt to taste
  1. Heat dash of olive oil in pan on medium heat
  2. Add garlic + onion, move around until fragrant
  3. Add tofu, dash of the vinegars + red pepper flakes
  4. Once the tofu starts to slight brown, throw in broccoli
  5. Drizzle with vinegars + cover for 2-4 mins
  6. Add bok choy and celery to the pan, dash with salt + extra spices
  7. Cover + cook for 3 mins
  8. Enjooooyyyy!
Red pepper flakes + those vinegars make everything so delicious, I was quite pleased with this new creation!! Make every other week till I'm old and gray? Sounds like a plan!

Snatch:

I ate 2 delicious dates on the way out the door this evening - they have truly become my new dark chocolate. I want to eat them after every meal! So sweet.

Oats Party:

3/4 cup raw oats, 1 cup rice milk (gracias mami + papa!), cinnamon, 4 strawberries, and some lovin.

I just sent in requests for info on: How to become a certified personal trainer + getting a BA in nutrition science! All online studies, too. Work at my own pace, not have to drive anywhere? Brilliant! We'll see :)

Now time to get my almost-8 hours of shut eye
before a 6am alarm clock goes off to start my Saturday.
Sleep, sleep, sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment