July 3, 2010

Black Bean Burger

Saturday was so good, I didn't even get online all day! We ran at Green Lake, ate at Starbucks, Attacked Whole Foods, and ate some fantastic eggs. Then we had absolutely no plans all evening, it was a jolly good time!

Bad part: I fell asleep at 8:30pm, forced myself to stay awake, then really fell asleep at 9:15pm. Sad business, 'cause I love staying up late on the weekends - it makes them last so much longer! Let's blame one of the following foods for making me sleepy so early:

Running Fuel:


Workout: 5K - 28:07 Green Lake + 20 min strength training
Loved tackling some plank poses + push ups at the lake, I felt like a cool person who actually knew what they were doing! Hire me as your trainer? haha, syke..


Post-Run Eats:

I decided to say goodbye to dried fruits from sbux 'cause of the added sugars in the little packets aren't my friends - so this fella was mixed nuts, cinnamon + 1/2 a banana packed. I enjoyed it 100% :)

Breakfast:

I seriously could not wait for breakfast to cook, so I ate this delicious slice of Honey Whole Wheat bread with almond butter, cinnamon, and chia chia chia seeds! Fabulous flavor, man!

Bfast for real:

2 eggs scrambled with spinach and consumed with 2 corn tortillas, a tomato and half an avocado. The spinach scrambled into the eggs was SO GOOD, I'm so doing this from now on! I think I'm slowly enjoying cooked spinach, it's a miracle!

Dinner:

Black bean burgers! Syke - they're pinto beans! Homecooked in garlic, onion, salt, and blended with oats, green onion, and olive oil. Idea from (the girl I steal half my recipes from!) Beth @ Bethsjourney.com !!
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 3/4 cup cooked beans
  • Green Onion
  • Olive Oil
  1. Blend the first 3 ingredients in food processor
  2. While food processor is still in motion, slowly drizzle in about 1 tbsp. olive oil
  3. Makes 3 small patties or 2 large ones
  4. Grill, Bake, What evah! George Foreman was our weapon of choice today.
I consumed one "large" one + froze 2 baby-sized guys.

It looks like meat! For real, it was incredible. Oh and...
...I burnt asparagus while being distracted by the burger's beauty!

Burger decor:
  • 1/3 avocado, mashed with lime juice + homemade salsa
  • Organic unsweetened ketchup
  • Mustard
  • 1/2 a tomato
  • Spinach
  • Green Bell Pepper
Oh happy day when Bean Burgers came into existence.
On to play some pool for the first time in 800 years!
Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have had a serious craving for black bean burgers lately. I am going to have to grill some up tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wouldlove to send you a sample of our Running Food Chia Flour. Call me at 315.685.2310 or email me at barb@natures-chemistry.com and I'll get some out to you!

    ReplyDelete