July 25, 2010

Carrot Cake + Baked Pasta

Goodness gracious, baking is heart warming...


Sunday started off in such a lovely way.

Home for Banana Bread:

[recipe here]
My breads live inside plastic wrap, atop this nice cutting board. I wish I had room to try a slice, but I had to prepare my inside for...

Epic Green Monster:

[recipe hurr]


Fully enjoyed with a peach, raisins, almonds + wheat germ. Couldn't finish this bad boy today, which is so strange. I think something is up with the my stomach! It should definitely be able to down an EGM without trouble. Darn you, mysterious body. Appetite fading because of the absence of my love bug? Maybe.

A Week of Overnight Oats:

3 + 3/4 cup oats, 5 tsp. chia seeds,
1 + 1/4 cup raisins, 2 handfuls almonds,
loads of cinnamon, 4 cups nut milk,
1 cup h20, vanilla



Divine
.

Church, recipe printing, eat with family, carrot cake...

Quick Lunch:

Honey Whole Wheat with 1/2 avocado, tomato, baked bell pepper, greens
1 orange + a piece of amazing banana bread

Snack:
zillions of super sweet blackberries
& blueberries from the Farmer's Market.

Dinner:
Baked Pasta Casserole from 101cookbooks.com
(her version looks much prettier)
Guess who broke up an entire box of lasagna for this recipe? (no noodles!) & this delicious baked dish consisted of: chickens, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, onion, garlic, salt, peppah, whole wheat lasagna + cheese. Served with a generous pile of steamed peas. So good!

Carrot Cake:
Carrot Cake recipe also from 101.cookbooks
Oh. my. gosh. banana baked right in made this heavenly!

Oh, workweek, how I once feared you so. How Sunday evenings used to be my least favorite invention ever. But now? I'm pretty pumped. I'm ready to take on the world this week (and the elliptical machine, darn knee!) and see life in a more positive light. God is good!

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5)

Hubby home in 2 days!

2 comments:

  1. Baking is easily one of my favorite things to do. There's something about the careful measuring of ingredients that calms me right down, and there's nothing quite like the sweet smells that come out of the oven. Heaven. Oh, and getting to eat the finished goods is the best part, of course ;)

    But I am ALL out of banana bread! Tragedy! The reason? My bananas never seem to make it to that perfect stage of ripeness :( They just can't keep up with my crazy consumption of them. Going to have to start locking them away in cupboards so I don't scarf them up before they're banana bread worthy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your green monster looks amazing!!! I love all the toppings on there.

    ReplyDelete