July 12, 2010

Chocolate Banana Pudding

Oh gosh. I just ate probably the tastiest dessert I have ever created! Now I am ready to share it with the world, shout it from the roof tops, and eat it at least every other day. I shall soon give you: Chocolate Banana Pudding. Or at least, that's what I think it is!

Chia Seed Pudding:

thank you thank you Sarah!
  • 1/2 cup oats (or your fav. cereal!)
  • 1/2 cup muesli
  • 2/3 cup rice milk
  • 2 tbsp. chia chia seeds!
  • Cinnamon + vanilla
Fabulous bowl of oats pulled from the fridge in the morning + topped with frozen blueberries + a banana. It was absolutely divine.

Snack:

Chia Pudding left me full all morning (thank you chia!) so I only felt like a Pink Lady apple 3 hours after the fabulous bfast in a bowl.

Lunch:

My (notboring) classic! Almond butter sammie with cinnamon + raisins, and all the joyous friends.

Sad orange:

Orange is sad because it rained all morning like a little child.

Workout: 10.25K - 1:02:38 + 10 min weights
Weights: all arms, baby! Felt amazing today, love the burn!

Treat:

Handfuls of those and thoooseee.

Dinner:

Quinoa cooked in homemade tomato broth (from mexi rice!) with a stir fry of sorts that contained wholesome yellow squash, seitan (gluten protein, yo!), broccoli, asparagus + side of baby spinach with red wine vinegar, olive oil + raisins (stir fry veggies also cooked in red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes + friendly salt n peppah!)


This was so stinking fabulous.

Smack Snack:

Oh unsalted peanuts. Eat them by the bucket fulls.

Chocolate Banana Pudding!!!!

It really was a bit heavenly. But, I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one to do THIS:
  1. Put a banana in the fridge one night
  2. Take the banana out the next day
  3. Mash the banana
  4. Add vanilla
  5. Add unsweetened cocoa powder
  6. Mix like a pro
  7. Put back in the fridge
  8. Remove from fridge hours later: after it's super cold.
  9. Greet your ice cream/pudding, give it kisses.
  10. Consume.

Mixed with 1/2 cup oats? Topped with almonds?
I could cry chocolate ice cream tears of joy.

Seriously, though. It was insanely good.

And now I think I ought to ice my legs.
They're screaming at mai face!

Oh, did I mention how good that Chocolate Banana Pudding was? SHOOT!

2 comments:

  1. Banana can do no wrong, in my opinion. Chia, on the other hand... I'm still skeptical about ;) I've never tried making a banana cream from just a cold banana... usually I freeze them and threaten to kill my blender in the process of processing them. But the cold route sounds interesting and a lot safer... Might just have to give it a try one of these days. There are just too many tasty things to eat in a day! How do I fit them all in?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAH give your ice cream a kiss! I cracked up at that. you are hilarious girl! Its not weird to give your food kisses... hehe

    Yumm love the way that pudding sounds tho!! LOVE chocolate anything!

    ReplyDelete