July 13, 2010

Eat a Kiwi Like an Apple

Please, just try it. It's a grand adventure, it's silly and awkward and you know people will give you strange looks, but it's so worth not having to cut up these guys (or, slice in half + spoon 'em, which for some reason I'm no a fan of.) The "hairs" are not bothersome, and the flesh is not tough or unnatural, it's BEAUTIFUL. So, go on, eat a kiwi like an apple, and leave all utensils aside.


Today's eats were awesome. Overnight Oats in a Jar, Pink Lady apple in the car, a veggie-loaded sandwich, Sweet Potato + Bean combo, and ice cream (!!!) like I've never made it before. Frozen fruit is so powerful in a blender, let me tell you!

Oats:

  • Almond Butter Remains
  • 3/4 c. oats
  • 1 c. rice milk
  • 2 tsp. chia seeds
  • cinnamon
  • vanilla
  • raisins

Frozen blueberries, banana, almonds!

Snack:

I seem to have become a fan of fruit gazing out of a car window.
So thought provoking, so deep and mysterious.

Lunch:

SAMMICH: 1/2 avocado, mustard, bell pepper, spinach, cucumbers.

Workout: 5 mi - 46:35 Elliptical + 10 min hamstring stretch
Ever since last Friday's weight session, my hamstrings have seriously been screaming at me to give them a good stretch. Today, I got onto Runnersworld.com, and did just that. They thanked me and gave me candy afterward.

Dinnah:

Just do this. Homecooked pinto beans on a glorious sweet potato with slightly steamed brocc + cauli. Fantastic.

Ice cream:

Oh man. Oh man x5! How did this turn out so ice cream like?!
  • Frozen banana
  • Frozen strawberries
  • Frozen blueberries
  • Handful of oats
  • Spoonful of chia seeds
  • 1 cup rice milk
  • Blend :)
I like eating nature.

3 comments:

  1. When I first heard about eating kiwi like an apple (from a couple in church), I thought they were crazy. Fanatic health obsessed freaks. And then I realized that there were a lot of health bloggers who ate that way, too. I knew it. I always knew they were freaks! lol. Now, I'll be a freak too and try one! I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You eat kiwi skins! Hardcore ;) I eat them too, and everyone thinks I'm strange for it... but that's where all the good stuff is! And the hairiness is interesting on the tongue.

    And why must you always make me crave ice cream? Especially at 10 in the evening when everyone is sleeping and would kill me for using a blender...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ll definitely try your sweet potato recipe.

    I love kiwi but not the skin. Since you can it eat, that is great!

    ReplyDelete