July 5, 2010

EPIC Green Monster!

I did it! I finally did it! I decided to say adios to oats for just one day (besides Sat - eggs day!) in order to taste + enjoy + dive into + attack + discover the greatest eat known to man:
Epic Green Monster!
Thank you, Brit @ britchickruns - this girl is AMAZING!
I saw many of these on her blog + got scared, then intrigued, intimidated, and was quickly ready to add an Epic Green Monster to my list of food I need to try. It was perfect.


Workout Fuel!

1/2 nanner with almond butter, cinnamon, raisins

Workout: 5mi - 46:45 elliptical + 20 mins weights/abs

Epic Green Monster:

  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 2 huge handfuls spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup cereal (Kashi Nuggets!)
Oh my goodness Oh my goodness!


Super thick, and I won't lie, the blended cereal took me a few bites to get used to, but after I got over the fact that I'm crazy for not going totally happy mad over the texture - I fell in love! And guess what? It kept me full for 3 whole hours! Who doesn't want that in a breakfast? I think the fantastic chia seeds helped that a bit, too. :)

Afternoon Snack:
Fruit + Veggie Love! Check out them black grapes! And half an apple, a giant orange, cucumber, kiwi, carrots... ah, it was satisfying.

Mexican Rice!

  • 1.5 cups brown rice
  • 6 tomatoes
  • 3 large carrots
  • 1 cup peas
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 piece onion
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Handful of fresh cilantro
  • shrimpies!
  1. Soak rice overnight in water
  2. Drain rice 100%
  3. Heat medium sized pot over medium-high heat
  4. Add olive oil
  5. Fry that rice, son - move it constantly
  6. Dice carrots + add to boiling h20 with peas
  7. Dice tomatoes + add to blender with garlic + onion
  8. Blend!
  9. Once rice is golden, drain oil 100% and return to pot
  10. Pour tomato puree over rice, with about 1.5 cups h20
  11. Drain veggies + add to rice along with the salt
  12. Carefully add shrimp + toss cilantro on top
  13. Cover + cook for 20-30 mins on medium heat
  14. Don't let it burn + then enjoy :)






Salad: spinach, olive oil, red wine vinegar, almonds, raisins, thinly sliced radish
Rice: topped with avocado + moooree radish! Delicious + Extremely good!


Oh, organic:
bahahah that's nasty. But humorous, I might add!

Dessert:

  • 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
  • 3 frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • Agave
    (topped with muesli, almonds + raisins)
I love having days off work. I love my hubby. I love epic green monsters, I just don't love that I can't use a blender here in apartment land @ 530am, so oats will still be my bfast of choice during the work week. Oh well. I love me some oats!

Happy almost Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment