July 11, 2010

Fabulous EATS + First Time: Figs

YESSSS: My migraine is gone! I am happy. It woke me up at 6:30am, but I am bettah now!

Oh, inspiration! Today, I made Blueberry Vegan Pancakes [inspired by Sarah @ Run Sarah], I ate figs for the first time [inspired by Meghann @ Running, Eating, and Living in the Real World], and baked some granola [Inspired by Erika @ Itzy's Kitchen]. I love food blogs with my entire heart!

Blueberry Vegan Pancakes

Look how thick I got my batter this time!
  • 3/4 cup part oats part whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup rice milk
  • 1 tbsp. veg oil
  • 1 heaping spoonful of CHIA SEEDS!
  • Cinnamon
  • Dash o' salt
  • Tiny splash o' vanilla

Topped with frozen blueberries

I bought figs! They look silly.
The verdict: no strong taste, texture was decent, but since my last few bites of pancake were a bit unnecessary (super full!) I felt like I had to make myself eat the last of the figs. I don't know, I want more 'cause I think they're super pretty on the inside, and I think they're yummy tasting naturally - I just need to not hide them in pancakes. :)


Oh gosh heavenly I could hardly stand it!
2 figs, half a banana, some cantaloupe, almond butter

This. Was. So. Filling. Haven't felt that full since I was a kid! Which is weird, 'cause it was the same amount of whole grains I eat for bfast - with less banana! But I really think that almond butter is the reason for it being so filling. That stuff is crazy heavy for me in the AM - that's why I inhale it for lunch + post workout snacks. :)

Lunch:

Veggie sammich! Avocado, tomato, bell pepper, spinach, mustard, serrano chili pepper, carrots. A-M-A-zing.

Homemade Granola!
100% inspired by this gal

Bake at 250* for 1 hr or...
Bake at 375* for 10 mins :)
  • 3 cups oats
  • 1 handful chopped almonds
  • 3 tbsp chia seeds
  • Loads of cinnamon
  • 4 tbsp veg. oil
  • 4 tbsp. agave
  • Vanilla
Then I drew this:

bahaha my husband hates it 'cause the hair looks like his - making him believe that I drew a portrait of him. Not true. It's a cute little boy drawing ? haha hubby.

Dinner:

For me + For him!
ME: garbanzos
HIM: Organic Turkey Dogs from Whole Foods (with fabulous freshness packed inside 'em!) + his Laughing Cow Cheese (he's... a goof..)
US: Organic tomato sauce, pineapple, green bell pepper, serrano chili, asparagus, spinach


Best two slices to date, I have to admit.

In other news... we live on the 3rd floor of our apartment complex, and we love it. Except... whether it's 65* outside or 100* -- our entire home feels like it's 150* - so, w feel like we live in an oven. I am melting as we speak. I used the oven to bake twice today. Adding a double heat wave to all the rooms. We have two fans hitting us in the face.

I eat ice cubes often.

2 comments:

  1. I just tried fresh figs for the first time a couple of days ago, and I was so not impressed. Maybe I was expecting a little too much because everyone in the blog world seems to think they're all that, but yeah... I just don't see what the fuss is about. They kind of remind me of lettuce, actually...

    And I can't believe you used the oven on such a hot day! I wanted to bake muffins but it was just too darn hot. Your pizza looks absolutely delicious though, so it was probably worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your pizza! And the homemade granola!
    Figs are only tasty when ripe and most shops sell them not really ripe... I always let them outside the fridge for some days

    ReplyDelete