15 minute Ab Workout
from Shape magazine :)
Yoga mat, self, burning muscles. Short + sweet. Loved this mini-workout!
Epic Green Monster turned brown
So crazy good and FILLING! I almost couldn't finish it (but SO did!) Thank you, thank you Brit for this Epic Green Monster idea, it's my favorite invention ever.
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 4 frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup muesli (use any time of cereal!)
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- dash of vanilla + unsweetened cocoa powder!
Beet Salad (!!!)
- Boil tomatoes + chilis
- Blend tomato + chili with garlic + onion
- Pour tomato blend in small sauce pan + bring to a boil
- Let boil for a good 15 mins, then turn heat down to low
- Cook chicken
- Oil a pan + brown both sides of tortillas
- Shred chicken with fingers + fill tortillas
- Non-stick spray a 9x13 pan + add enchiladas
- Carefully pour tomato puree over enchiladas
- Bake at 350* for 15 mins
- Serve with fancy beans + fancy other things!
Recipe courtesy of my lovely folks in Mexico! Yay for Mexican beet salad recipes that are served at Christmas! Feliz Navidad :)
Beets are so goofy looking, all they remind me of is Doug (anyone else? Seriously!) and I never thought of actually buying them, but I wasn't hesitant when I saw a bunch hanging out in the organic section of our local grocery store. They used to be natural food dye - isn't that awesome? Now it's Red 50, and yellow 20 - eat up, 2 year olds at daycare! Sad.. The first raw bite tasted like carrots, then dirt. But the citrus/nutty/beet combo is FANTASTIC and magical. Please try it!
- 2 beets, diced into itty bitty pieces
- 2 oranges, peeled + diced
- 2 handfuls unsalted peanuts, shelled
A giant "to do" list
Pink ice cream
- Lunches for tomorrow
- Dinner for tomorrow
- Spanish Worship CDs + Lyrics
- Make YT + FB fan pages for Mariachi band
- Make weekly dinner menuuu
- Photoshop ad designs for hair salon
- Do a little dance
- Ice my lame knee
- do this
- and this
serves 2.5! (marathon runners eat 1.5 servings)
Homemade granola + chia seed bread:
- 12 spoonfuls yogurt (hah)
- 1 frozen banana
- 8 frozen strawberries
- 1 handful frozen blueberries
- 3 tsp agave
Work of Art &...
Losing it with Julian Michaels!
I currently have an ice pack living under my feet, and my mami in Mexico told me about an awesome beet slaw of sorts: shredded beet, shredded carrot, shredded jicama - EAT. Just imagining all those colors together makes me want to attack that salad. I need jicama in my life! A dude at the grocery store recommended it raw in veggie rolls, and now my Mexico mami told me about them. Shoot! It's time. Next weekend: Jicama will be bought. I hope.
Have a fabulous Monday tomorrow!
God is good,
seriously try this: give Him the day and it'll go so smoothly (yes, even when it's Monday morning - bleh!)! I've been trying to make it a habit to talk to God on my drive to work in the AM and tell Him I am putting it all in His hands, and throughout the day all I think about is how I'm not in control and He is - we have to be dependent on Him, we can't do this on our own! Such a relief to know that He has a plan, and even when we can't see the bigger picture, He does, and we don't have to worry about it. Thank you, Jesus!