July 18, 2010

First Time: Beets!

Today included...

15 minute Ab Workout
from Shape magazine :)






Yoga mat, self, burning muscles. Short + sweet. Loved this mini-workout!

Epic Green Monster turned brown



So crazy good and FILLING! I almost couldn't finish it (but SO did!) Thank you, thank you Brit for this Epic Green Monster idea, it's my favorite invention ever.
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 3/4 cup muesli (use any time of cereal!)
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ
  • dash of vanilla + unsweetened cocoa powder!
Quick Chia Seed Bread

yes.

Green Enchiladas


  1. Boil tomatoes + chilis
  2. Blend tomato + chili with garlic + onion
  3. Pour tomato blend in small sauce pan + bring to a boil
  4. Let boil for a good 15 mins, then turn heat down to low
  5. Cook chicken
  6. Oil a pan + brown both sides of tortillas
  7. Shred chicken with fingers + fill tortillas
  8. Non-stick spray a 9x13 pan + add enchiladas
  9. Carefully pour tomato puree over enchiladas
  10. Bake at 350* for 15 mins
  11. Serve with fancy beans + fancy other things!

homecooked pinto beans!

Beet Salad (!!!)



serves 3
Recipe courtesy of my lovely folks in Mexico! Yay for Mexican beet salad recipes that are served at Christmas! Feliz Navidad :)
  • 2 beets, diced into itty bitty pieces
  • 2 oranges, peeled + diced
  • 2 handfuls unsalted peanuts, shelled
Beets are so goofy looking, all they remind me of is Doug (anyone else? Seriously!) and I never thought of actually buying them, but I wasn't hesitant when I saw a bunch hanging out in the organic section of our local grocery store. They used to be natural food dye - isn't that awesome? Now it's Red 50, and yellow 20 - eat up, 2 year olds at daycare! Sad.. The first raw bite tasted like carrots, then dirt. But the citrus/nutty/beet combo is FANTASTIC and magical. Please try it!

A giant "to do" list

cat.
  • Devotional
  • Lunches for tomorrow
  • Dinner for tomorrow
  • Blog
  • Emails
  • Spanish Worship CDs + Lyrics
  • Make YT + FB fan pages for Mariachi band
  • Make weekly dinner menuuu
  • Photoshop ad designs for hair salon
  • Do a little dance
  • Ice my lame knee
  • blah
  • blah
  • do this
  • and this
  • sleep.
Pink ice cream
serves 2.5! (marathon runners eat 1.5 servings)


Homemade granola + chia seed bread:


  • 12 spoonfuls yogurt (hah)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 8 frozen strawberries
  • 1 handful frozen blueberries
  • 3 tsp agave
Gorgeous.

Nighttime TV:
Work of Art &...
Losing it with Julian Michaels!

So nice.
I currently have an ice pack living under my feet, and my mami in Mexico told me about an awesome beet slaw of sorts: shredded beet, shredded carrot, shredded jicama - EAT. Just imagining all those colors together makes me want to attack that salad. I need jicama in my life! A dude at the grocery store recommended it raw in veggie rolls, and now my Mexico mami told me about them. Shoot! It's time. Next weekend: Jicama will be bought. I hope.

Have a fabulous Monday tomorrow!

God is good,
seriously try this: give Him the day and it'll go so smoothly (yes, even when it's Monday morning - bleh!)! I've been trying to make it a habit to talk to God on my drive to work in the AM and tell Him I am putting it all in His hands, and throughout the day all I think about is how I'm not in control and He is - we have to be dependent on Him, we can't do this on our own! Such a relief to know that He has a plan, and even when we can't see the bigger picture, He does, and we don't have to worry about it. Thank you, Jesus!

:)

4 comments:

  1. Ooo! Girl! I love that you talk to God in the morning and give Him the day! This is something I've been doing for a while now, and I just love how it's able to ease so many of my anxieties. I used to freak out about being in control and knowing which direction I was going in, but when I began to ease up on the control and put more of my faith in God, I was able to find comfort in knowing that I'll always be going in the right direction when He's guiding me, because He will never lead me astray. Woo! Totally loved reading this post on a Monday morning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your message of the day! I need to talk to God more, too....preferably starting early in the day, and continuing on till night. It's so important to stay in touch with Him constantly. It makes our lives a whole lot easier to just trust in Him, and obey Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. god IS so good! even when the day doesn't go "smoothly," it's still smooth, because we know it's a blip on the radar. it's all in perspective, you know? god's plan, praise him, DOESN'T look like ours, so it's ok if it makes me go "huhhh?"

    your comment was too sweet on my last post, by the way. really enjoying your sweet spirit :)
    -r

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chia seed bread looks delicious, as does your EGM. Yum!!
    And thanks for posting the quick ab work-outs. I love those sort of exercises :)

    ReplyDelete