July 8, 2010

First Time: Seitan + Plums

93 degrees. I sweat when I sit still, when I eat, breathe, sleep. But I feel like I'm not allowed to complain about it - I can't change it, and it's not as bad as the poor guys in other states... so hey! Party in the apartment cabana with AC, fellas! No, for real there's a party and I have to supervise it - I'm nervous?

Breakfast:

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup muesli
  • Rice milk
  • Cinnamon
  • Chia Seeds (hello floaters in rice milk!)
  • Almonds
  • Raisins
  • Banana
  • Frozen Blueberries


Snack:


FIRST TIME MR.PLUM! It is true, I have never eaten a plum in my entire life. I don't know why, just never been presented with one. I was nervous (always am with new eats!) and before taking a bite I asked my hubby what he would compare it to. His response, "like a grape, only bigger and amazing tasting!" *And guess what?! I loved it with all my heart! It was super sweet, soft, strong + fantastic. Thank you, Mr.Plum :)

Lunch:

Less epic + new, but sooo good! I ate on the sidewalk outside my job, that's how I roll in 90 degree weather, overdosing on Vitamin D isn't a crime. Really.

Workout: 5mi - 49:16 elliptical I had to pretty much jump off the elliptical in order to have time to get home, shower, feed myself and run back to the apartment's office by 5. I will now do yoga in this empty office to de-stress ze body and ze legs.

Reward:

Friendship on the countertop.

Dinner:

WOAH. Can someone tell my why Whole Foods only sells seasoned Seitan? Sheesh! I ate a piece raw and it tasted exactly like teriyaki chickens - brown sugar seasoning with salt will do that for ya.

I put a few strips of this wheat protein in a salad, and it was taaastyy man!

I think the amazing flavor was thanks to the ripe pear, steamed cauli + asparagus, with some diced celery + a "dressing" of red wine vinegar + olive oil. So light and refreshing!

Giant sweet potato/yam with CINNAMON!
All the bloggers are doin' it, jump on it!
Tasted like apple pie, I swear.

Dessert:

homemade granola bar from the freezer, I love you.
* Recipe from Averie @ Love Veggies + Yoga!
(blogging on phone = incapable of adding links to fabulous people's blogs. Shucks! Just visit loveveggiesandyoga.com, seriously awesome.)

That did not fill my tummy! So my loving hubby appeared with this bad boy:

Half an apple, yogurt, cinnamon, muesli. As simple as that.

PS: 3 liters of water and counting. Oh snap!

2 comments:

  1. DANG girl that is a lot of water!!!! I cant drink that much bc i will get soo lethargic bc of washing out my electrolytes!!! LOVE sweet tatters + cinna!! SOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See! There is nothing to be afraid of new foods...esp if it's nature's gift! Maybe one day you can even try durians...;-)

    I've been chugging liquids like crazy, too! Crazy heat!

    ReplyDelete