July 7, 2010

I'm Melting, I'm Meltingggg!

Wednesdays are my rest days from running + elliptical-ing. It, along with Sundays, is super important for me legs to repair + reconstruct (question mark?) so I can perform like Super Woman for the other workout days. But today? It is so extremely HOT that I have been sweating since 5am. Rest day from burning calories? I think not!

Strange Note: My stomach is so confused. Recently, after a hardy good + satisfying dinner, I've felt what feels like my insides actually growling for more food. I usually laugh it off, since I just ate but then dessert seems to be a lot earlier than I'd expect. What's going on, tummy? I've blamed it on dinners low on carbs like rice, quinoa, or pasta. But...? Maybe I shouldn't complain - I get to eat like crazy often, man!

Breakfast:

overnight oats [3/4 cup oats, 1 cup rice milk, cinnamon, raisins, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder + almonds - all living in the fridge overnight for peak flavor the next mornin'] with a banana, frozen blueberries, almonds + some Pumpkin Flax Granola :)

Snack:

Organic apple + its pals

Lunch:

meatless soy-less Veggie sammich: Honey Whole Wheat bread, half an avocado, green bell pepper, baby spinach, mustard + happiness. & Kiwi, grapes, celery, huge orange. Oh gosh! I love you, plate of goodies that make me feel fantastical!

Dinners:
Organic chicken breast (size of my finger?) a la "Balsamic Pears + Chicken" style (recipe from Costco cookbook!) with homecooked pinto beans (mashed), a grand salad made of spinach, red wine vinegar, olive oil, raisins + celery, three warmed up corn tortillas, homemade from our favorite Mexican Store down the street, with homemade salsa.

then I accidentally ate a banana?

Dessert:

  • 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 1/4 cup rice milk
  • 1 banana (oops, banana numbah 3!)
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • handful frozen blueberries
  • unsweetened cocoa powder
  • handful of raw oats - BLEND IT ALL.
  • Topped with muesli + raw almonds.

OH MAN.
That was good.
It's finally Summer! I want a smoothie in a bowl every stinkin' day!
Blend them fruits + veggies + frozen goods, and get to it. Really.

1 comment:

  1. A banana fiend! Love it! I can't seem to get enough of the little devils either, and I usually eat at least two on most days. But who can say no to that pretty golden face... and why on earth would they want to?

    ReplyDelete