July 19, 2010

Lack of Sleep

Ah, late night blogging + internet surfing... you're my downfall.

A few months ago (try almost a year ago) I would always be in bed by 930pm, every night, without fault. You see, I've been working a 6am shift for the past 2.5 years, and when my alarm clock starts to play Beethoven's "Fur Elise" at 5am, I need to be well rested - or I transform into a zombie. Recently, though, I started working at-time evening job, I left blogging for nighttime, and I seemed to accept the fact that I would, in fact, be a zombie the next morning.

And guess what?
That all stops now.

Hello blogging at 5pm!

Look what I eat!

Overnight Oats with Wheat Germ

1 cup rice milk, 3/4 cup oats, cinnamon, vanilla, raisins, almonds: soak overnight + EAT!
Ah, wheat germ: all the cool people are doing it!

Fruity snack:


Super Green Lunch:

Sammie: avocado, spinach, green bell pepper,
mustard, honey whole wheat bread,
eaten with a serrano chili peppah!

Gosh. Amazing.

Sweat Session: 5 mi - 47:15 elliptical + 15 mins weights [arms] + abs
  • Reverse Lateral Pull (I made the name up!) [30lbs] - 3x15
  • Flat Bench Chest Press [25lbs] - 3x10
  • Overhead Pull (made up that name, too!) [20lbs] - 3x15
  • Bicep Curls w. Cable Pulley [20lbs] - 3x12
  • Abs: (15-20 of each) Crunches, Bicycle Crunches, Reverse Crunches, Vertical Legs, Long Arm Crunch

5 Mile Reward:

Why do almond butter, cinnamon, bananas + homemade bread sing when they're together? This was serious magic. Love feeling full, love carbs and creamy almonds.

Leftover Enchiladas Verdes + Frijoles

[recipe + awful pic of deliciosas enchiladas be here]

Ensalada de Beets, Oranges, Peanuts

Dice 'em + eat 'em.
Love me a purple salad with purple-dyed orange slices!

Picture this: "Rain down, you heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness; Let the earth open, let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together. I, the LORD, have created it." -Isaiah 45:8

Off to get my painting groove on. My church has an art show in September called "Expressions of Faith" + our pieces are due August 15! Shoot son, I havta get a move on.

3 comments:

  1. "Why do almond butter, cinnamon, bananas + homemade bread sing when they're together?" -- I'm pretty sure it's because that combination is filed in The Book of Life under amazing; seriously... I don't think I've ever come across anyone who didn't like that combo... it's just one of those truths of life :)

    I'm completely useless if I don't get enough sleep. It's 9:30 right now and I'm already contemplating heading off to bed. Sometimes I feel like such a grandma, especially when it's still bright out in the summer (!!), but I do love my early mornings... especially when oats are involved. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beet salad looks ridiculously good - I need to try that combo! I am so tired today I am thinking of going to bed early...I guess AM workouts do that to you!

    ReplyDelete