July 2, 2010

More Oats, Please

It's Friday! I can hardly believe it, someone wipe the smile off my face? Just got home from Starbucks (guess who chugged 1 venti and one tall ice water?) where Eduardo and I met up with an awesome friend we hadn't seen since February, it was pretty grand. We (they) talked politics, religion, life, current events (oil!), Mexico, missions, Jesus, Spanish, YouTube videos, and pretty much everything else. I believe this weekend is off to a good start, my friends.

GAH! Earlier, I beat myself up for eating the last of the overnight oats immediately after dinner, for no apparent reason. Eating when I'm not hungry = sad news. But enjoying every little bite of the oats my stomach didn't really need = worth it! I guess I'm over it :)

Breakfast:

overnight oats topped with loads of frozen blueberries + Kashi Nuggets

Snack:


Lunch:

Almond butter + cinnamon + raisin sammie on Honey Whole Wheat Bread!

Snack:

Pretty much still frozen homemade granola bar
Apparently highly made out of almond butter
For reals recipe here!

Workout: 5 mi - 50:30 elliptical
wasn't really feeling it today, and my leg started to hurt a wee-lad again. I kept it slow and steady for the first 4 miles then sped up for the last one, felt great but I hope I didn't push too hard - want to run fast tomorrow at Green Lake!

nanner = post workout buddy. As are these:

Why hello raw unsalted almonds + sweet raisins. I love thee.

Dinner:



Pasta Primavera
  • Whole Wheat Spaghetti
  • Zucchini
  • Carrots
  • Tomato
  • Spinach (cut into thin strips)
  • Green Onion
  • Bell Pepper
  • Lime juice
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Garlic + Onion
  • Salt + Peppah
This way:
  1. Cook pasta in H2o with a garlic clove + slice of onion (will be discarded after pasta is done)
  2. Dice up zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, bell pepper, drizzle with olive oil, lime juice, italian seasoning and roast at 450* for 12 mins 'till tender
  3. Heat up medium sized pot on, add olive oil, garlic, onion + spinach, saute for a few mins
  4. Add pasta to the garlic/onion/spinach combo, coat pasta with flavorful-ness
  5. Add roasted veggies
  6. Serve over Spinach, top with broccoli (my little rendition!)

woah - this is crazy good pasta!

Weight Gain:

Seriously, though. Who eats a serving of oats immediately after dinner? Did I feel carb deprived? It was pasta, man! Oh well. That mug of oats still looks so incredibly good, I'd probably do it all over again :)

Night, blog land.
Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. well your oats DO look delish..
    i probobly wouldnt turn them down anytime!!

    ReplyDelete