July 28, 2010

Pluot + Wheat Berries

I love listening to worship music when I'm working. It brings the focus back to God, and off of me. It's peaceful, relaxing, and my favorite way to wind down a Wednesday.

Today I ate a pluot + wheat berries. I love trying new eats, especially when they come from the ground, and extra points when they're pink or pop in your mouth. Next time you see these guys, don't ignore their existence, grab them. And enjoy.

Almond Butter Overnight Oats:

Found out: if I only dice up half a banana, I can so get away with topping the bowl with almond butter, and my stomach doesn't yell at me all morning!!

Pluot:



when plums + apricots make love.



Shine:

Costco apples get sprayed.

Chia Seed + Almond Butter Sandwich:

Yes, I put chia seeds on my sammies. Yes, they fall out while I eat.

Father + Son:

One way to attempt over-doing it with the Vitamin C.

I'm Going To Eat My Hand:

half + half.

Green Garbanzo Patties:

Beth inspired me.
So I took her recipe, tweaked it, and tripled it!


For 2 patties: 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup garbanzos, herbs + spices
For 7 Patties:
  • 1.5 cups oats
  • 1.5 cups garbanzos
  • 2 green onions
  • 1 red bell pepper, roasted
  • 8 handfuls of greens (or, ya know, 3...)
They like the freezer.
I like microwaves.



A little dry, but too delicious to care.

Wheat Berries:

A tad raw, but I couldn't wait to eat the goofy guys, so I cut off their cooking time and spread them across my plate. Oh my little fish-egg-looking, raw popcorn that is soft, you are my new friend. I enjoyed these, mucho, so expect them to pop up for the next few days.

Wheat berries are the unprocessed kernel complete with endosperm, bran and germ. All the nutrients that manufacturers remove from white bread are here, including fiber, folic acid, protein, B-complex vitamins and vitamin E.


Peanut Butter + Chocolate:

My hubby brought me home gifts from a vegetarian place in Colorado.


And yes, I did eat half of that PB/choco stick in 3 seconds, and enjoyed every chewy bit of it.

Salted Cashews + Banana Bread:

Man, why you gotta salt these fellas? They're so good without. My mouth watered for 5 hours after I ate about 7 cashews. Don't salt, all you companies that ruin the best snack in the world. Love you, unsalted almonds in my fridge. PS: my banana bread looks like seitan!

Almond Milk, Ice, Berries:

Freezing. First almond milk experience, it was unsweetened, and tasted like almonds. I accept.


Really? Really. Amazing. Frozen.

Seriously. Who eats that much on their day off? [running, that is.]
Answer: ME. And I loved it all. Except the salt attack towards the end.

Love. This. Song.
I'm falling on my knees, offering all of me.
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for.

Have a happy night! It's almost the weekend! Shoot.

6 comments:

  1. haha - last summer i was 100% OBSESSED with pluots. i haven't had any yet this year because i've been frugal and only buying the cheap and/or on sale fruits and veggies, haha. and thanks for the reminder to get some more wheatberries! i love them, too - such great chew, especially on top of overnight oats :) annnnd, would oyu hate me if i said i love salted cashews and almonds, and nuts and seeds in general? :X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw pluots at the store the other day and had no idea what they were... Apricots and plums getting funky with each other? Sounds scandalous... I've got to get in on that action.

    Aaaand, I've got to get some wheat berries! I've been hearing some nifty things about them, but new grains always intimidate me because it takes me a while to learn to get the cooking times right. I can't even tell you how long I struggled with steel cut oats to make them just how I love them. Bah. But it was so totally worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE THAT SONG!! gah. it should be my prayer every SINGLE day!!
    i LOVE pluots and love your fresh produce on here! yay for your hubby bringing out some godies!!! the chocolate bar looks great.

    I love salted almonds... dont hate me!!!!!!!!! but i agree.. they shouldnt be salted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried pluots! They look perfectly juicy. I have wheatberries that I need to try - hopefully later this week! The chocolate goods your hubby brought back look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those green garbanzo bean patties look like so much fun!I want to try making them. And cool vegetarian friendly gifts from the man. PB& Chocolate- whats not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had pluots with my breakfast! haha! We're so on the same page. I also love listening to worships while running in the morning. I listen to that, and also sermon podcasts. They're SUCH a refreshin way to start off the day, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete