July 6, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower + 10K

Today, Summer (!!!) finally greeted us rained on ones (although rain is my bestest friend) in the great North West. Thank you, sunny sun sun! I am tan + pumped for what awaits me this summer... runs in the heat. Nervous? A wee lad!

Breakfast:
Overnight chocolate oats with frozen blueberries, banana, and almonds

Snack:
Peach peach peach! and some carrots + cucumbahs.

Luncha:
"Why hello, I is a Honey Whole Wheat breads with almond butter/cinnamon/raisins inside of me." I love love taking a bite of the sammich, then a bite of the cold crisp celery, then sandwich, then celery. It's like the whole PB+Celery effect - fabulous!

Workout: 10K - 1:05:00 @ track + 15 mins abs/arms
I forgot my watch, so 1 hr 5 mins is a guess. I usually do it in under an hour, but I assumed the sun was making me a tad slow. It was still rad, though.
Shoot, running 10K in actual heat is hard! But it felt crazy good, yo.

SUN!
Prize:
A "wittle" Green Monster, that did not want to blend.


After opening the lid + attacking the spinach with a spoon, I inhaled this:

  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 1/2 banana
  • 3 frozen strawberries
  • 3 ice cubes
  • handful spinach
  • few drops of pure vanilla
BEST Dinner EVER!
2 of my black bean burgers with homemade salsa, roasted cauliflower + asparagus.

*Cauli recipe*

*Black bean burger recipe*

Dessert:
Oh, the photo? I ate it.
Overnight oats mixed with raw muesli + a dash of rice milk + a few almonds.
Yes please!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment