July 16, 2010

Wheat Germ, Rice Paper & Beets

My lovely hubby is back from his (24hr) business trip! I'm full of happiness, mainly 'cause I got my man back, but also because of all the fabulous FOOD I just purchased!


This week's first times: wheat germ (thanks Brit!), spring roll wrappers (inspired by Avery + Sarah), and beets (inspired by Brit!) - I love how a girl with a blog can bring people to try awesome new things, I'm pretty much having a blast trying all these things that I used to call weird/outrageous/awkward/nevahgonnabuyit.

For example...

figs + frozen blueberries in my oats with chia seeds!





More figs!

Kiwi's are (surprisingly) new in my life, too!
[Almond butter.cinna.raisin sammie]


My passenger seat is

Workout: 5K - 46:00 run/walk with sister (wuv you!)
We went to this gorgeous trail by my house that leads to the BEACH! It was so relaxing and warm, and I was covered in SPF this time so I wasn't scared of burning my flesh. :)


Homemade roll:


I shoved some dry rosemary in it. Crazy good, like ice cream. Only bread.


Chicken Dinner:


carrots, tomato, herbs, brown rice, atop spinach:

soooo amazing + colorful. Eat the rainbow? Pretty close.

I MADE BREADS!

"Chia Seed Quick Bread"
(thank you, thank you: Tina + Rachel + Melissa!)


Seeded Chia Quick Bread

Adapted from a recipe from The Chia Company

Ingredients:

  • 3 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp agave
  • 3 dashes cinnamon
  • 1 handful raisins
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup Chia seeds
  • 1 handful chopped almonds
  • 14 oz rice milk + lime juice (instead of buttermilk)
  1. Mix dry ingredients
  2. Mix wet
  3. Combine
  4. Bake 400* for 35 mins!!!

I downed those two end pieces, one with another dash of cinnamon. So magical in my mouth. My hubby had a piece, looked at me, and laughed as he chewed. He asks, "where's the sugar?" and I said "it's in there" and he said, "how much?" and I told him, "a teaspoon" - he told me it needed 15 teaspoons. Goof. I like my bread full of raisins + cinna, thankyouverymuch. He always falls in love with the loaves, though, 'cause he can add all the extra agave his little heart desires.

Nighttime!
630am tomorrow? I think so!

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I love most about blogging is that it introduced me to try some new foods that I've fallen in love with. Prior to blogging, my eats were pretty boring and standard... and then blogging came in and a whole new world opened up! A whole new world where people are just as crazy about oatmeal as I am ;)

    That bread looks taaaaasty. I love a good, dense loaf... even if it has pesky chia seeds in it ;)

    ReplyDelete