August 17, 2010

5 Minutes [QUINOA LOVE]

Fastest. Post. Ever.
[9:39PM]


overnight oats w. rice milk, chia, wheat germ, almond butter, homemade granola, frozen blueberries, almonds



daycare:

Me + a student "posed" - they drew us, some colored us..







then we attempted turning drawings into clay.



so. much. fun!


almond butter cinna raisin sammie on homemade bread + that gush next to the carrots is my not-so-soft hummus that I slightly failed at.

workout: 5 mi - 46:48 elliptical (no knee pain! feels amazing!)
abs: [20 each] - crunches, bicycle crunches, reverse crunches, twist-like fellas with 10lb weight, straight arm/leg touch, 1 set of 100s, 90 secs plank.


almomd buttah, cinna, chia, nutz


Heather's Quinoa recipe

oh plate of quinoa love...
...it left me speechless


quinoa, beet leaves, spinach, corn, tempeh, onion, tomato, dash o' salt, splash o' olive oil, loads of (dry) basil - use fresh if you have it! even better: make a pesto, like 101cookbooks tells ya ;)


my bfast's twin, but with yogurt, wheat berries, and unsweetened cocoa powder.


chocolate. oh, and some peanuts :)

[9:44pm]

4 comments:

  1. dang girl, you speedy! haha. the quinoa recipe looks lovely - i can only imagine it with pesto. such a good idea.
    hope you have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I love the drawings and sculptures you did with the kids. TOO cute. I'm also loving the looks of your dinner. For some odd reason, quinoa is one of those grains that I love to eat, but very rarely do. I have no idea why... It's like, I won't eat it for a month or so, randomly decide to cook some up for dinner one night, and then wonder why the heck I don't make it more often. Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stuff looks tasty!!! And my hummus usually doesn't come out so smooth either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your breakfast bowls are always so delicious looking. I ran out of quinoa a few months ago and haven't replenished my stock yet but need to get on that asap!

    ReplyDelete